DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android phone stopped showing video stream on Mavic Air 2

I use a S10+ as my video monitor. I went black twice within the first week with my drone. I was starting to get concerned but it hasn't done it since, that's been 5 months ago.

This is exactly what happened to me yesterday. I just got my Air 2 and have flown it 3 times when my screen went back but I could still take video and photos. Did you find out what wen wrong? I'm still trying to figure it out.
I didn't figure it out. I just tried again later, and I made sure to double check the USB cable. But everything "just worked" the next time I flew.

I didn't figure it out. I just tried again later, and I made sure to double check the USB cable. But everything "just worked" the next time I flew.
It happens to most of us, i believe. Happens too me, but no more than my original Mav2Air. There are 2 signals. One is for the remote and one is for the video streaming only. You may not see video, but you can still fly around and take video and pics (saved on the drone sim) because these things are onboard and occur with the separate controller signal. Your video stream is a totally separate signal to the rc to monitor. Sometimes i lose my video stream slowly, but sometimes it just blacks out quickly. I just try flying the drone in reverse or increase it's altitude until the picture comes back or until, the RTH function kicks in (if the RC connection is lost).

HI All. I got my Mavic Air 2 a couple of weeks ago, and it's certainly impressive. I've taken it out four times now with no problems. But today, after flying for a few minutes, the video feed on my phone went black. I was still able to take photos and video, but I just was no longer getting the live stream while flying. I tried landing, turning off the aircraft and the RC, then starting them back up, but it didn't help. Any ideas what has happened? Thanks in advance for any ideas!
The EXACT same thing just happened to me about 10 minutes ago. I thought if I gave it a rest, it'd fix itself until... YOUR POST.
What're we gonna do, buddy?

The EXACT same thing just happened to me about 10 minutes ago. I thought if I gave it a rest, it'd fix itself until... YOUR POST.
What're we gonna do, buddy?
I'm afraid I don't necessarily have solid advice for you, but potentially good news. I didn't get to try my drone again for a few weeks. So in the meantime I did restart the drone and reboot my phone. When I used it again, I did try to make absolutely sure that the USB cord was seated correctly.

So I can't pinpoint what did the trick, but I can tell you that I have not seen a repeat of the problem. (Yet!)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty