DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

android tablet for Mavic Air 2

I'd steer towards Ipads if you have the option

can the tablet be wifi only or does it need to be cellular. I would use my cell phone as a hot spot.
No need for cellular unless you want to reset HP to the RC. Easier to just reset HP periodically to the current drone location while drone is following you, like flying from a boat.

Huawei Mediapad M5 10", works perfectly....
I don't know why it's all about Samsung on here. ?
I've now moved on from Samsung. Huawei all the way.
Using M3 & M5 8.4 inch Mediapad & P-Smart Mobile 6.2inch
All run perfectly with the DJI Fly App.

Absolutely agree....better in many sides and cheaper...

I had checked a few of these previously and almost picked one up but the screens don't appear to be very bright (401 nits).

I had checked a few of these previously and almost picked one up but the screens don't appear to be very bright (401 nits).
You having a laugh ?? You must have been looking at the Light and cheaper versions.
The real one is running at 2560 x 1600 pixels and that is hard to beat.

You having a laugh ?? You must have been looking at the Light and cheaper versions.
The real one is running at 2560 x 1600 pixels and that is hard to beat.

Screen resolution doesn't determine how bright the screen is though. I'm referring to the brightness, not the resolution. A device can have a beautiful, high resolution screen but not be very bright.

Last edited:
I have the 2020 version of the Samsung 8" tablet that everyone was using. It runs the app great, but it isn't super bright... actually the glare is the worst part.

The best thing was my S20 Ultra...but I had to take it out of its case to fit in the mount.

what samsung tablet will work with the mavic air 2

I purchased this refurbished Samsung tablet off of Amazon a couple of months ago
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" 32 GB Wifi Android 9.0 Pie Tablet Black (2019) - SM-T290NZKAXAR

works quite well and only ran about $150 USD. However you must DL the app from DJI as it wont load from Google Play

Huawei all the way.
The Huawei M3 and M5 are probably the best flying tablets available.
Their new M6 is likely to be great too but I haven't flown one to confirm.

Reactions: JMcD
Screen resolution doesn't determine how bright the screen is though. I'm referring to the brightness, not the resolution. A device can have a beautiful, high resolution screen but not be very bright.
When I was flying my Pantom 3 Pro with the Samsung
All my Huawei's can't be used in normal conditions on full brightness, too sore on the eyes.
And a great improvement over the Samsung devices I was using with my Phantom.
All my devices are fitted with anti glare screen protectors which I would highly recommend for
all drone flyers.

I'm new to droning, and went through all of this initially a few weeks ago. After buying several tablets and phones that didn't work, I eventually got a Lenovo from Currys for £100 English pounds. Works great. 10 inch screen. You'll need a longer USB C cable though. And an additional attachment advice. See Amazon or whatever.
No need to spend £600 on an iPad mini or similar on Galaxy. Hope that helps!

I second DorJammer's recommendation of the 8" Galaxy Tab A. Works great.
I "third" the reply Samsung Tab A 8 inch....On sale new last month $129. Excellent thus far except my difficulty in getting a long USB-C to USB MicroB cable to use with it. I have been told to look for an OTG type USB cable. the 5 that I purchased were probably not even though as advertised on Amazon, said they worked with the Mavic. Only the short cable supplied by DJI has worked but then I need to shift the Tablet way over to the left for it to reach the MicroB input. Have a 3 footer Pearlstone cable on order.......Overkill but was the only one I could find. If it works, I will need to wrap it around the antennae a few times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89