DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet

disisme

Reactions
I have searched and pretty much got myself confused. I have a Mavic Air 2 coming but also I own a Mini 3 Pro ( the small guy ) that has the RC controller and I want to be able to use the RC-N1 with a good tablet for both drones, I don’t want to break the bank and although I do own an IPad Air and a Ipad Mini 4 through my research I’m thinking a Samsung may be a better candidate ( could be wrong of course ) , so first off I need to get some sort of an adapter to house a tablet as well advice on how far back I should go on a Samsung model that would work well please ?
Thanks
Lynn
Ps I’ll keep looking with the search.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Hi again, Lynn (aka Disisme),
I would try the iPad Mini 4 at least at first, since you own one. That's what I've used at the beginning, and have stuck with it through several drones. IOS seems to work a bit better than Android. The Samsung tabs tend to be brighter, but you can use a cheap, foldable sunshade on the iPad. I own such a shade, but prefer to just stand in the shade while flying. I have no trouble with the iPad brightness, even under our bright Texas skies.

For the mount I've attached a link below. A few of them shown on the Amazon site will fit both your Air 2 and Mini 3 Pro. If the iPad Mini 4 doesn't float your boat brightness-wise, THEN shop for a brighter one. Happy flying!

Rich R (aka Hauptmann)

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317 and disisme
I cannot recommend any other tablet but the Tripltek 8 or 9.

My old Tripltek 7" PRO is still rockin' while flying my MA2. :):)

I want to be able to use the RC-N1 with a good tablet for both drones, I don’t want to break the bank

I started with the iPad mini 4 and got CPU errors with the power hungry FLY app.

It never crashed and I used a four sided hood when I flew to see the screen.

A mini 5 or higher would do better and they make quick connect adapters to fit the mini's on the controller with no hassle.

Give it a Google search.

Don't laugh, but a camp chair with an umbrella and a drink holder is the perfect setup to see the screen better.

I now fly with an old Tripltek 7"PRO that was one of the first versions of the product and it still works fine.

The screen is still bright and the battery lasts all day.

You could probably pick up a 7" model dirt cheap somewhere on the web. 🤔

Have fun shopping. 👍

I cannot recommend any other tablet but the Tripltek 8 or 9. I know they are a bit expensive but it likely could be the last tablet for your drone that you need for a long time and you basically don't have to worry about brightness, etc.
...Until they come out with the Tripltek 10... ;) I have a 7 and an 8 pro and want the 9 pro for the HDMI output, but can't swing it right now. :(

...Until they come out with the Tripltek 10... ;) I have a 7 and an 8 pro and want the 9 pro for the HDMI output, but can't swing it right now. :(
I didn't think I could swing the 9 but my 8 sold pretty quickly so I took a chance, yes for HDMI....but that's it, I'm done chasing these tablets! :)

I still have my 7, it's a rugged beast...I use it for other things as well.

Ok just tried the Air 2 with the iPad Mini 4 , only app installed on the iPad is the Dji Fly app , I keep getting the “ Mobile device CPU fully loaded . Related performance will be affected. “ message in upper left corner with a red dot. I know this has been mentioned, personally I don’t like having the message displayed as I think I’m getting a constant beeping as an alert.

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne