DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

android tablet with HDMI out?

Which one, the Dragon touch X10 or DJI Crystalsky ?

I believe he's referring to the Dragon Touch. I have no experience with it so I can't comment one way or the other, but it IS on the list of tablets that work with DJI GO.

The specs are on the low end of what you want but you can only go with what you can afford. The problem you might run into is that your video could be total crap.

I believe he's referring to the Dragon Touch. I have no experience with it so I can't comment one way or the other, but it IS on the list of tablets that work with DJI GO.

The specs are on the low end of what you want but you can only go with what you can afford. The problem you might run into is that your video could be total crap.

Yeah you right. But I tested it just to be sure and the video just never worked anyway. I may go and check that Hudl2 tablet someone talked about above. It's cheap enough to try it out.

Reactions: Drone_guy
does anyone know what android tablet that works with dji app that has a hdmi out on it?

beside the nvidia shield, of course the cheaper the better :)

thanks
I am using the neocore E1. Bought on amazon.co.uk for £100+- using it with my fpv goggles with Hdmi in and it works well

After testing a few cheap tablets with no luck, I gave up and went for the DJI CrystalSky, which works awesomely and has also a regular HDMI port on it too.
20181012_130850.jpg20181014_111829.jpg

I am using the neocore E1. Bought on amazon.co.uk for £100+- using it with my fpv goggles with Hdmi in and it works well
That looks like a nice one to test. Wish I knew aboit it before to buy the CrystalSky, but I am very happy with this one so far. Still for the test & curious side of the things, I may get one of those Neocore E1 Android Tablet and try to see how it handles with my Mavic.

Teclast have released an 8in tablet with micro HDMI out. The specs look OK (for ~ $150), but I've had issues with phones/tabs with MT CPUs (but not the MT 8176). In any case I've ordered one, and if it's any good running Go 4 I'll post here.
Teclast M89 - TechTablets

Reactions: drakkor
Teclast have released an 8in tablet with micro HDMI out. The specs look OK (for ~ $150), but I've had issues with phones/tabs with MT CPUs (but not the MT 8176). In any case I've ordered one, and if it's any good running Go 4 I'll post here.
Teclast M89 - TechTablets
OK received the tablet and gave it a test with my Mavic Pro.
The good:
It fits into the RC arms (just) much like an Ipad Mini.
Very little bloatware.
No problems running Go 4, no drop outs or freezes.
Very nice screen. (but see below.)
Accurate GPS.

The not so good:
There's noticeable lag ~1-2 sec on the video feed.
Fitted in the RC arms makes either the (Type C) USB port or the HDMI out port inaccessible.
Android 7.1 with little chance of seeing an update.
The screen was easy to see on a dull cloudy day but it will need some sort of shade in bright sunlight.
It needs a short USB A to USB Type C cable.

This is after a short test, but so far I'd rate it as OK.
Personally I'll stick with using my Lenovo Tab3 8 Plus as a dedicated Go4 tablet.

I have an Nvidia shield k1 with hdmi. It works great with DJI go 4 on my mavic air.
It doesn't work with my eachine ev200d goggles however as it does not output st 720p with is what the goggles want.

It works perfectly Nividia shield K1 and Eachine ev200d but you have to do two things:

1- Root. I followed this tutorial Tutorial: Root Shield Tablet K1 (Marshmallow) – NVidia Shield Zone

2- Install a command terminal and execute the orders:
- su
- setprop persist.tegra.hdmi.resolution 720p

This puts the HDMI output at 720p and it looks perfect.

They must have changed something after updating DJI GO 4 (and I suspect that's to avoid us using other cheap tablet other than their expensive Crystalsky), because following your advise and that YouTube video, I bought the Dragon touch X10 to test it with the Mavic but it didn't worked.

Unfortunately, as you can see on my attached pictures, all functions from the app and on the drone seemed to be working fine, except the live video feed from the drone. I was given instead a blank video display. So using this tablet with the Mavic pro is a NO GO sadly and I returned it.And yes, I applied all the fix I could found on line about "no video" symptoms, and still no success. It was obviously working before from what I could see on that YT video, but not any more though.

View attachment 47674
Not sure if you already found an alternative solution, but I found a workaround. I uninstalled the current version of DJI Go 4 from my Dragon Touch and reinstalled a older version (June 2018) and the live video is working.

Not sure if you already found an alternative solution, but I found a workaround. I uninstalled the current version of DJI Go 4 from my Dragon Touch and reinstalled a older version (June 2018) and the live video is working.
Thanks for replying and the info on how to make this works. Unfortunately, now I gave up and returned my touch and bought a Crystalsky instead.

Reactions: darthelevator
I use either a Samsung Tab S3 or my Samsung Tab S4 and their "Smart View" (Built in screen caster) On the other end of the wireless I have a Microsoft HDMI wireless receiver powered by a small li-ion rechargeable battery pack. The MS Wireless HDMI was about $35 and the small/thin Li-Ion pack was $5.95 from Walmart. No wires is the best. See attached pic where the wireless HDMI unit sits on the side of some inexpensive Yuneec goggles. The MS rig has the least amount of lag and I would recommend it over other MiraCast, etc. units. Both the S3 and the S4 run Litchi and DJI Go 4 without a glitch and with the goggles gives me an immersive experience. I switched over to the S4 for most of my flights though because the S3 casts in a 3/2 format while the S4 gives me a full screen filling 16/10 view. Hope it helps....

Attachments

• 20190126_172927.jpg
    20190126_172927.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 28
Reactions: activbb
"I use either a Samsung Tab S3 or my Samsung Tab S4 and their "Smart View" (Built in screen caster) On the other end of the ..."

Hello Craigstergator!

I'm a total newbie. Sorry for the dumb question. Run "Smart View" on S4 and the MS HDMI Wireless will pick up the video signal, no wire needed? Did you connect power pack to the HDMI wireless via USB (not a micro)? How's the lag or latency of the video, a second or so or split-second? Thanks so much!

I use either a Samsung Tab S3 or my Samsung Tab S4 and their "Smart View" (Built in screen caster) On the other end of the wireless I have a Microsoft HDMI wireless receiver powered by a small li-ion rechargeable battery pack. The MS Wireless HDMI was about $35 and the small/thin Li-Ion pack was $5.95 from Walmart. No wires is the best. See attached pic where the wireless HDMI unit sits on the side of some inexpensive Yuneec goggles. The MS rig has the least amount of lag and I would recommend it over other MiraCast, etc. units. Both the S3 and the S4 run Litchi and DJI Go 4 without a glitch and with the goggles gives me an immersive experience. I switched over to the S4 for most of my flights though because the S3 casts in a 3/2 format while the S4 gives me a full screen filling 16/10 view. Hope it helps....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan