DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

android tablet with HDMI out?

I saw this one today on Amazon, and I wonder if it will works with DJI GO app: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D1HBHR...olid=1SVC0YSC8NQC9&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I am also searching a way to live stream the video from the drone with minimal lag as possible, thus looking for using direct HDMI output instead of wireless streaming, which have a few seconds delay and could be sloppy too. I also know that the DJI googles have an HDMI output to stream the video live from those, but they are still way too expensive to get just for that use though.

I also know that the DJI googles have an HDMI output to stream the video live from those, but they are still way too expensive to get just for that use though.
This is NOT correct. The HDMI port on those is an input to watch other content on the goggles.

Unfortunately no, would love it.
The only DJI solution to having an HDMI output with Ocusync devices is a Crystalsky.

OR get one of those cheaper tablet with HDMI output! I saw a video on Youtube of a guy who had this tablet and it worked fine. So going to give it a try before investing +$500 on a Crystalsky
That's the tablet he used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BSFXVCH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Going to post a review after I got it to let you guys know about the results. ;)

Yeah, the issue is that many find this too big. In the 5-6" size there isn't really anything.

Yeah, the issue is that many find this too big. In the 5-6" size there isn't really anything.
I ended up going from Wunderphone to ipad 9.7 & the screen size is just one of the things I love. I'm curious to see how we'll this performs

Reactions: msinger
I have an Nvidia shield k1 with hdmi. It works great with DJI go 4 on my mavic air.
It doesn't work with my eachine ev200d goggles however as it does not output st 720p with is what the goggles want.

They must have changed something after updating DJI GO 4 (and I suspect that's to avoid us using other cheap tablet other than their expensive Crystalsky), because following your advise and that YouTube video, I bought the Dragon touch X10 to test it with the Mavic but it didn't worked.

Unfortunately, as you can see on my attached pictures, all functions from the app and on the drone seemed to be working fine, except the live video feed from the drone. I was given instead a blank video display. So using this tablet with the Mavic pro is a NO GO sadly and I returned it.And yes, I applied all the fix I could found on line about "no video" symptoms, and still no success. It was obviously working before from what I could see on that YT video, but not any more though.

20180923_170601.jpg

On that list, the Dragon touch x10 is listed as NOT supported by DJI for DJI GO 4

Not supported by DJI but most recommended by users.

• Devices supported by DJI for DJI GO 3 (marked with ●)
  • Devices supported by DJI for DJI GO 4 (marked with ●)
  • Other devices most often recommended by Phantom, Mavic, Mavic Air, and Spark owners.

What's the resolution/quality of the display and HDMI out on that tablet ? Can you get full HD out of it too?

That I can't answer....maybe some research could yield an answer. Check You Tube and see what you can come up with.

Anyone who still wants this could try getting a used Hudl2 tablet from the UK version of Ebay. This was a budget tablet sold by a large UK supermarket chain. It is quite a nice tablet and is very good value for money. It has an Atom Quad Core processor, a decent screen and has HDMI out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys