DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anna Maria Island FL bound.

Drone Or Boat

Reactions
Going to Anna Maria Island this weekend. Everyone be sure to keep your eyes to the sky. If I don’t hit you with my Mavic, I’ll (Mod Removed ) sure hit you with one of my fishing lures.
Say happy anniversary “Drone Or Boat”.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to Anna Maria Island this weekend. Everyone be sure to keep your eyes to the sky. If I don’t hit you with my Mavic, I’ll (Mod Removed ) sure hit you with one of my fishing lures.
Say happy anniversary “Drone Or Boat”.
Been on Anna Maria for the last week. First time here with my drone. Took some nice sunrise shots near the City Pier

Wanted to do some evening shoots of the sunset at the beach but, spent to long at the Lazy Lobster resturant (LongBoat Key). Wind wasn't very cooperative during daylight hours. Sunday was defiantly a wash. Winds really high.
Thats OK, my wife and I had a great dinner and two nice days walking the beach. That alone was a great blessing.

D or B: When I was a youngster, my parents would always take us to Florida for two weeks in the summer and guess where we went? Longboat Key, yep. I can't even imagine how it's changed since the early 60's. We always stayed in the same duplex cottage right across from the Marina. Those have almost certainly been demo'd and condos built in their place. Thanks for the blast from the past.

Love to here about “blast from past” stories. My family started taking me to Anna Maria back in the early 70’s when they bought their first big boat. To big to trailer. They kept it in Cortez, just across the bridge from Anna Maria Island. I have some great memories of that time. So! The islands of Long Boat and Anna Maria have a love in my heart. Even though I live in Lakeland it’s just a short 90 minute drive away and I’ll be sure to spend more time there this year. In fact, I plan on going back within the month. Going to take the boat and the drone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle