DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another "Aircraft Disconnected" thread

AEY

Reactions
Hi all.

I have a Mavic, latest firmware, latest app version running on a Samsung GALAXY S8 Plus.

Was flying off a sailboat over water doing some video footage when the disconnect occurred.

I could see a RTH was initiated. The scary part is that I was on the sail boat and I was moving so the Home would have been some point in the water!

After RTH was initiated, I kept on pressing the RTH button on the remote in order to cancel the command... After maybe 20 or 30 secs, the remote connected again, I could see the video on my phone, and managed to send the Mavic to shore where my friend was. The distance between me and the Mavic couldn't have exceeded 200meters. Again while trying to land, aircraft disconnected again and the same thing happened all over again. Regardless I safely managed to land it again on shore.

2nd flight that same day, I'm on the boat, did a flight and when I brought the Mavic back to the boat, the Mavic was no more than 2meters away straight in front of me, aircraft disconnected on the screen, it was Not responding to the remote and after a short time, initiated a RTH. Started going up to the RTH altitude. I pressed to RTH button to cancel and the Mavic seems to have reconnected after a couple of presses. I finally got her back.

Environment I was around, I was on a sail boat, there was a small yacht in from of me possibly with his radar on, very little mobile signal.

Noteworthy... I was having a hard time getting the app to accept the remorse as the RTH position rather than the take off point. I assume because there was no data coverage where I was?

I will try a suggestion I read somewhere where I would keep my phone in flight mode. But I feel like the app doesn't work that well with the GALAXY S8 location feature.

My frequency in the dji go app is on Auto.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

I had the same issue today ,I had no network but was very windy. Apart from that I can't see any reason for it. That said I too have just changed to an s8. I am running latest firmware on the phone, drone and app.keen to find a fix.

Reactions: AEY
I just checked my flight. I was 118m up and 346m from take off. Clear sky all seemed ok. Glad rth did its job

Well I'm glad RTH didn't execute completely otherwise I would have lost my bird

Reactions: Ausmav76
Not saying thus is your problem, but maybe. I have heard of problems where the phone can interact with the remote and cause a loss of connection that mimics loss of RF signal . Can you try a different phone?

Not saying thus is your problem, but maybe. I have heard of problems where the phone can interact with the remote and cause a loss of connection that mimics loss of RF signal . Can you try a different phone?
I was using an LG g4 but when dji updates rolled out I did have the same issue on 2 occasions but regained connection so I wasn't too concerned. I'm considering rolling app and firmware back and see if this changes anything

Turn on airplane mode on your phone before flight. Also kill off any other background processes that may interfere. I hit the app switcher button and close all before each flight.

Do the same and have no more problems with disconnect.

Any advice on changing the frequency? I flew yesterday using a Samsung S5, still got aircraft disconnected even though it wasn't! I also had the S5 in airplane mode.

I lost complete signal lost but for maybe max of 10secs. Not as bad as with the galaxy S8.

This is really worrying me. I though maybe look at changing channels and not leaving it in Auto Channel.

Turn on airplane mode on your phone before flight. Also kill off any other background processes that may interfere. I hit the app switcher button and close all before each flight.

I'm an iPhone 6S guy, but I do basically this same thing before each flight. Airplane mode, "close apps" (although some debate about what that really does on IOS) and disable background app refresh.

I went from occasional app weirdness and horrific battery life to 100% rock solid with DJI Go 4 and Autopilot.

When you're flying over water, as well as when you're on a moving boat, be sure to change your RTH settings accordingly. Setting it to hover rather than land is the first thing to change.

Flew 1 battery yesterday and 2 batteries today with no issues . No changes to settings, I set up my s8 to fly as normal with all apps and internet/data in the on position.Seems the glitch was just that?

Hi.

I have been flying in Airplane Mode, killing all apps before the flight and had no issues since.

I am now scared to have data on while flying. @Ausmav76 did u have the aircraft disconnect issue before?

Hi.

I have been flying in Airplane Mode, killing all apps before the flight and had no issues since.

I am now scared to have data on while flying. @Ausmav76 did u have the aircraft disconnect issue before?

I had no issues till the new phone
(went from LG g4 with android 6.0 to s8 on 7.0) but as I mention in my last post i have since flewn 3 batteries with no faults with data on and there has been no changr to the phone or drone software. The only thing that has now popped up is a bettery error. I restart the mav and it clears.
The flights over the weekend I didnt even bother clearing any open apps. Fingers a crossed it was an on off glitch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d