DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Bay Visit - This Time Based in Richmond

CadrePilot

Premium Pilot
Reactions
We'll be staying in Richmond for about 10 days over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Can anyone offer any cool places for drone photography?

Thx,
Jon

Went through that area a few weeks ago. It would be hard to say which spots just because it was all good from my eyes. Always fun to see something other than dirt and dust and 25 foot tall Mesquite trees.

lol now that sme healthy mesquite all we get in the flats around here is 4ft chemise bushes

Point Molate is a favorite of mine. Take the last exit on 580 before the Richmond Bridge, head up Stenmark, and park in the pulloff on the shore before the Chevron Rod and Gun club. You get some great views of Winehaven, this weird castle-looking building.

Haven't been down there yet but looking at the map, there's a decent pocket of space by Brickyard Cove south of 580. You can't operate in an East Bay Regional park, but you could probably drive to Miller/Knox Lagoon and walk down Brickyard Road a bit.

If you're up to drive further south, my personal favorites are Cesar Chavez park in Berkeley, Treasure Island, and the Western part of Alameda where the Navy base used to be.

Point Molate is a favorite of mine. Take the last exit on 580 before the Richmond Bridge, head up Stenmark, and park in the pulloff on the shore before the Chevron Rod and Gun club. You get some great views of Winehaven, this weird castle-looking building.

Haven't been down there yet but looking at the map, there's a decent pocket of space by Brickyard Cove south of 580. You can't operate in an East Bay Regional park, but you could probably drive to Miller/Knox Lagoon and walk down Brickyard Road a bit.

If you're up to drive further south, my personal favorites are Cesar Chavez park in Berkeley, Treasure Island, and the Western part of Alameda where the Navy base used to be.
Thanks.

I did some flying near the west end of Alameda back in July. Was really trying to figure out a way to walk farther west, but couldn't.

Thanks.

I did some flying near the west end of Alameda back in July. Was really trying to figure out a way to walk farther west, but couldn't.

Yeah you can't really go any further west than Monarch. On the first weekend of the month, they have an outdoor auction and a big fenced-off chunk of the north runway is open, but it's usually packed with people. Or if you're feeling adventurous, there's a place at Jack London Square that rents sea kayaks. :)

Yeah you can't really go any further west than Monarch. On the first weekend of the month, they have an outdoor auction and a big fenced-off chunk of the north runway is open, but it's usually packed with people. Or if you're feeling adventurous, there's a place at Jack London Square that rents sea kayaks. :)
Yeah, and it's over a mile west from Monarch to get out past the land.
Not sure I'm ready to get out on the water with my M2P and gear.

Heck, even flying out over the inner harbor was a learning experience. Things are farther than I'd assumed.

The quarry across the bridge at Point San Pedro looks interesting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard