DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another case of "Yaw Error" on Mavic Pro

flopo

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I have a Mavic Pro that has started having "Yaw Error" problems this year, where it leaves the P-GPS mode and goes into either OPTI or Atti mode. I replaced the GPS/compass unit in the aft end with a used replacement part from ebay and went for a flight today, but I got Yaw Errors again. The takeoff was good, I flew a few meters but noticed some slight toilet bowling. I pulled the stick to the left to get the aircraft out of the TBE, and then I noticed an error message in the DJI Go App (I think it was IMU error or something similar). I made sure to stay low so the aircraft could use visual positioning, and I didn't have any issues controlling it. The logs reveal multiple yaw errors. What can I do to fix this? I'll try another IMU calibration; might there be any hardware damage?

Problem? Yaw error according to the DJI Go TXT log; slight toilet bowl effect and P-GPS mode left due to IMU error

Was unit in a crash? Yeah I crashed it back in May, because I had trouble controlling the aircraft while it was switching back and forth between P-GPS and Atti. Today's flight had no crash though.

What have you tried so far? Calibrated the compass (I paid attention to have as little metallic objects near the drone or on my body as I was doing this: I held it at arms length on head height, I didn't have a watch or my phone or keys on me, and I was on a little country road so there shouldn't be any structure immediatly under the soil).

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? iPad

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? AC is on 01.04.0300 (patched with super patcher to have the fcc mod and enable Galileo reception); RC need to verify

What Go app version are you using? Need to verify

Any modification?
None other than specfied

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? Airdata link to the DJI Go 4 TXT file: phantomhelp link to the same file: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com I tried loading the DJI Go 4 DAT file, but I don't find any that matches this flight. I tried to get the DAT file from the aircraft but DJI Assistant 1.1.2 and 1.2.4 don't show any flight logs; is it possible that this is related to the super patcher?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom