DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Fairly New Guy

feistyparker

Reactions
I’ve been flying the mini for about four months now, and still have a few questions. There is a mini page on FB, but most questions are answered with a snippy remark. This forum seems to be comprised of some genuine members that are willing to help. Glad to be here!

Some questions are easy and some not. If it’s an easy one, I’ll try.
Thanks. Just two! I fly the mini with an iPad Mini 4, 128 GB, WiFi and it works great. Got a message that flashed on the screen saying something like CPU overloaded and this may affect operation. I dismissed it and my short flight was without incident. Just wondering what that meant. My thoughts were it was the cache on the iPad in need of emptying, but not sure.

welcome to the forum,you are right this forum is a great place to stay informed ,and get help with issues about our drones
and the staff and admin do a wonderful job keeping things on a pleasant level,and enforcing the forum rules
and for technical issues and help with crash data files there are some real expert members who give their time freely

Thanks. Just two! I fly the mini with an iPad Mini 4, 128 GB, WiFi and it works great. Got a message that flashed on the screen saying something like CPU overloaded and this may affect operation. I dismissed it and my short flight was without incident. Just wondering what that meant. My thoughts were it was the cache on the iPad in need of emptying, but not sure.
it is best to disable the save to cache in the app and also if the Ipad is just for your drone ,make sure that all apps that are not needed for flying are disabled ,the app is very power hungry and uses a lot of the operating system when you are flying

Reactions: Thomas B
Mini that I use is always in airplane mode if that helps. I’ve seen that message myself a few times and haven’t seen that it presented a real problem. I do always force close anything running in the background to eliminate the chance of power use that isn’t needed.

it is best to disable the save to cache in the app and also if the Ipad is just for your drone ,make sure that all apps that are not needed for flying are disabled ,the app is very power hungry and uses a lot of the operating system when you are flying
Thanks! So the save to cache is the low quality video that gets downloaded to the iPad automatically? Then it still should be possible to download the actual video to the DJI Fly app where it could be edited not having that low quality video?

Reactions: old man mavic
Mini that I use is always in airplane mode if that helps. I’ve seen that message myself a few times and haven’t seen that it presented a real problem. I do always force close anything running in the background to eliminate the chance of power use that isn’t needed.
Thank you! Good advice! My iPad mini is dedicated to the drone, and I will put it in airplane mode.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll