DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another good Flight with MINI

alopeznj

Reactions
Well , another good flight with my Mini and still no issues at 196ft. .
I was worried about 13MPH wind but handled like a champ. with 23MPH gust !
And I must have chopped up something in the air because there is yellow guts on my props and on the belly.
No damage, ill just clean it and hit it with an air can.

My MAV 2 is getting jealous !

Last edited:
Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I only have problems in winds like yours when using the blade guards. It's amazing how much drag they produce.

On one flight, the wind really picked up while I was up. I immediately started bringing it in. While coming in, the drone was going back and forth from level flight to about 30 degrees, and it wasn't smooth. I was blown away when reviewing the video with friends to see a perfectly stable flight video. I was trying to show them how bad the wind was, but the MM ruined that ;)

I have to say that I am envious but happy for everyone flying. I haven't been able to fly in about 3 weeks because of work and the weather. I work at an airport, so needless to say I'm not allowed to fly the drone.

Congrats on the good flights!

My Biggest problem it that the Mini is not accurate with RTH. I hit RTH and I think it tried to go to Africa before I cancelled. Happens all the time. IMU or Compass issue ?

I was also temp grounded since I live pretty close to FT. DIX military base. But Its been lifted.

Why is RTH so inaccurate on the mini ? I am guilty of not Calibrating IMU for a while. Maybe that is the prob.

My Biggest problem it that the Mini is not accurate with RTH. I hit RTH and I think it tried to go to Africa before I cancelled. Happens all the time. IMU or Compass issue ?

I was also temp grounded since I live pretty close to FT. DIX military base. But Its been lifted.

Why is RTH so inaccurate on the mini ? I am guilty of not Calibrating IMU for a while. Maybe that is the prob.
Mine has had a maximum error of about 7 or 8 feet, no worse than that. But if yours is worse, just fly it home manually.

Did RTH work OK ? Keep tabs on that because mine flies great too on high winds but RTH not so good. Hum... Wonder what I am doing wrong. Its not all the time though.
Only sometimes and same location. 11-16 GPS lock so GPS is not an issue. IMU off maybe ?

Yea Rider , manual is a good idea, but what if Im too far away and want to call it home. RTH would be handy.
Sometimes I dont even get RTH. Only "LAND" . full battery

I have never used RTH in strong winds, I fly it back and land manually on windy days. Also use Sport mode on windy days, the extra power makes a big difference.

Reactions: alopeznj

Here's one reason for inaccuracy. The RTH point the mini is trying to return to is set when the lovely mavic lady says it's set and "check it on the map". In some cases people are taking off too quickly. If you've taken off before the GPS home point has been established, the Home Point will be set while you are flying. If it's slow in getting enough satellites because of trees/buildings etc., maybe it's being set just above your take off point or several feet away or possibly many feet away from where you are expecting. It is a good habit to listen for it and "check it on the map" before taking off.

Here's one reason for inaccuracy. The RTH point the mini is trying to return to is set when the lovely mavic lady says it's set and "check it on the map". In some cases people are taking off too quickly. If you've taken off before the GPS home point has been established, the Home Point will be set while you are flying. If it's slow in getting enough satellites because of trees/buildings etc., maybe it's being set just above your take off point or several feet away or possibly many feet away from where you are expecting. It is a good habit to listen for it and "check it on the map" before taking off.
Think you are right. Im too fast to pull the trigger. RTH worked fine today.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy