DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another great reason drones should be kept out of America's National Parks

I predict this thread will contain the exact same arguments, repeated over and over again, as the last five threads on drones in national parks, and no one will yield an inch.
Absolutely Right !!! Average drone flyer doesn't fly it anyway, the computerized sensors do the flying. More drone owners need to have a FAA Private Pilots license at least.........

Absolutely Right !!! Average drone flyer doesn't fly it anyway, the computerized sensors do the flying. More drone owners need to have a FAA Private Pilots license at least.........
More drone owners do not need to have a PPL. That is like saying they need a CDL or a LTC. They are all completely different.

Did you see this? Plane theft last weekend from local airport. Baggage handler flew plane fine with no training until he decided to crash. Barrel rolled and everything. Can you make your Mavic barrel roll?

I guess Alaska airport security here is based purely on "trust." Airline will not spend a few bucks on a lock but they will spend $millions to make sure the public knows the danger of a hobby drone being flown in the park.

IMHO, if I make the effort to get my FAA issued drone license, I should have privileges that a hobby drone pilot does not. I feel that the course teaches responsibility or at least an awareness of responsibility.

IMHO, if I make the effort to get my FAA issued drone license, I should have privileges that a hobby drone pilot does not. I feel that the course teaches responsibility or at least an awareness of responsibility.

I'm sure that the FAA would agree with you, but Congress tied their hands in regulating hobby flight and so they can only effectively regulate non-hobby flight.

I get your point and we do have some privileges over hobbyists, (some additional restrictions also) but flying from NPS land isn’t one of the privileges.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82