DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another great reason drones should be kept out of America's National Parks

What a pity that drones have sparked such an argument. Of course, up front torches and pitchforks in hand are the mental minions who reject any reason with their insistence that they be able to do what they want, no matter what, essentially, "because I want to!"

For the people that are pro banning in NP, why only NP? Do you want them banned everywhere? All the same dangers exist outside of NPs. Why only NP and why only drones? Populated areas and wild life exist outside of NPs as well. The same fire dangers exist outside of parks that can be sparked a million different ways (such as a flat tire that sparked the 150,000 acre Carr fire here in Cali).

Reactions: Classic flyer
Sulfuric acid Yes.. LIPO batteries No. Also the plastic could melt down and kill of the bacteria that make the lake so colorful.

This is all old news.
Drone crashes into Yellowstone hot spring, defying park rules

A crashed drone could destroy Yellowstone’s Grand Prismatic Spring
My point was, Even with all the hand wringing and panic they tried to spew, it didn’t ruin anything.

I’m not advocating for dropping drones into geysers, but I don’t think that would happen very often, if at all, if they were allowed in certain areas.

in any case, it’s still a lousy excuse to ban them from millions of acres of NPS land where there aren’t geysers.

Just like all the other “reasons” are ridiculous for an overall sweeping ban of all NPS lands.

Hey guys being about parks this thread is maybe someone can help this guy Found Mavic Pro - Yosemite...
As a sidenote let me say if I have to delete anymore political crap from this thread
I will just consider this horse dead .

Hey guys being about parks this thread is maybe someone can help this guy Found Mavic Pro - Yosemite...
As a sidenote let me say if I have to delete anymore political crap from this thread
I will just consider this horse dead .
This subject sure seems to touch some nerves. I’ll sdmit I sometimes get over sensitive because it does have larger implications for our “hobby” and our “industry”

So from that standpoint as long as we’re being civil, we appreciate the leeway.

It’s good to hash these things out!

And your post just proves the “ban” didn’t work so well, lol!

Also someone put a drone in a marina in Yellowstone and another stampeded a heard of sheep which could have injured many people.

The spring didn't have a Lithium Polymer before the crash and Plastic could kill off the bacteria which makes the spring so colorful.
Put enough of them in there, perhaps.

Perhaps not. Has anyone seen a study of the effects of a tiny amount of lithium on an environment that huge? Make no mistake, that is an infinitesimaly small amount of lithium, in an already unimaginably hostile environment. Or do we even know that lithium isn’t already part of that environment?

Too many questions, before getting panicked over this, IMO.

But still no justification for wholesale ban over millions of acres of NPS land.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twodumbdogs
There are several people that fly against the current ban. If drones were allowed to some degree in National Parks it would open up the door for people to be "confused" and fly all over. This would then create an additional burden on an already the over taxed rangers. You'd also then have people fly miles away from this "limited" area. You'd then also have people try to fly even further and crash their drones.

Dead Horse gets 90,000 visitors vs 775,00 0 for nearby Canyonlands. Dead Horse is also the size of a Walmart parking lot. Not very difficult to manage.
Nonsense.

The only reason that make sense will be because the noise can bother endangered species that live in the national parks.
And humans are quite and don't leave garbage that may bother endangered species?

I predict this thread will contain the exact same arguments, repeated over and over again, as the last five threads on drones in national parks, and no one will yield an inch.
Because Salty, for some of us, this issue is seen as more than just not being able to annoy someone. To make it illegal to operate a fairly benign (and getting more benign with each generation) device from millions of acres of uninhabited land, seems a bit like overreach to some of us.

Those who take it lightly, do so at their own peril, or at least the peril of their pastime. Don't get me wrong, I'm not losing any sleep over it, I just like to see a bit of logic applied to the rules which restrict our activities.

Yes we will continue to argue the definitions and details buried that logic, but that's a good thing IMO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique