DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Hello from S/E Michigan!

Guff15

Reactions
Just bought a Mavic a few days ago after months of research and contemplating. I had my sights set on a Phantom 3 SE but after finding out DJI discontinued them I decided to splurge and go with the Mavic.

Only 1 flight under my belt with it and it was only 3 minutes. I started getting a warning which I attributed to wind gusts at 50ft so RTH was immediately pressed, lol. We weren't suppose to get winds over 12mph the other day but I guess the weatherman was wrong. I could tell the drone was fighting the wind due to the motors constantly changing pitch and speed.

I look forward to learning more about what the Mavic can do, but I'm already floored at this amazing machine compared to my kids "toy" drones.

Welcome from another SE Michigander [emoji106]. St Hghts Area. Went out yesterday with my MP, Spark, and Q500. Little windy for the Spark, but Sport mode saved it[emoji6]. Yesterday was more of a P4 day, but I didn’t have the batteries charged up.

Welcome from another SE Michigander [emoji106]. St Hghts Area. Went out yesterday with my MP, Spark, and Q500. Little windy for the Spark, but Sport mode saved it[emoji6]
I'm about 35mi south of you in Woodhaven! I wanted so bad to take the MP out yesterday but my body said noooo to waking up after working midnights, lol. I'm hope we have good weather tomorrow so I can get a little more flight time under my belt. Suppose to rain today, not to mention my son has a wrestling tournament so no flying today.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

I'm about 35mi south of you in Woodhaven! I wanted so bad to take the MP out yesterday but my body said noooo to waking up after working midnights, lol. I'm hope we have good weather tomorrow so I can get a little more flight time under my belt. Suppose to rain today, not to mention my son has a wrestling tournament so no flying today.

There’s some good looking sights in that area with the water near and the small islands, including G.I. [emoji6]

... compared to my kids "toy" drones.[/QUOTE]

Men and boys.....The price of their toys. ;)
Thumbswayup

Just bought a Mavic a few days ago after months of research and contemplating. I had my sights set on a Phantom 3 SE but after finding out DJI discontinued them I decided to splurge and go with the Mavic.

Only 1 flight under my belt with it and it was only 3 minutes. I started getting a warning which I attributed to wind gusts at 50ft so RTH was immediately pressed, lol. We weren't suppose to get winds over 12mph the other day but I guess the weatherman was wrong. I could tell the drone was fighting the wind due to the motors constantly changing pitch and speed.

I look forward to learning more about what the Mavic can do, but I'm already floored at this amazing machine compared to my kids "toy" drones.
Howdy from Wyoming @Guff15 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome, another SE Michigander here. Walled Lake / Commerce. A good friend also has an MP and splits time between Adrian and Ypsilanti Belleville area.

I have found this form very informative so far and think you will as well.

Jackson area saying welcome , I’ve been flying a lot of smaller flights in this crappy weather we’ve been having but having fun doing it.

Your quote:

We weren't suppose to get winds over 12mph the other day but I guess the weatherman was wrong. I could tell the drone was fighting the wind due to the motors constantly changing pitch and speed.

Greetings from West Michigan. Do not believe the local weather report regarding wind speeds. You should download UAV Forecast app and use it to tell you what the elevated wind speeds are.
If you are not an experienced pilot you are taking a big risk flying with wind speeds 20 mph or more.
Have fun and enjoy the moment.

Welcome, another SE Michigander here. Walled Lake / Commerce. A good friend also has an MP and splits time between Adrian and Ypsilanti Belleville area.

I have found this form very informative so far and think you will as well.

Only problem with Belleville, izzat its so close to DTW

Reactions: CCTjohn
Only problem with Belleville, izzat its so close to DTW
Sorry, I only just now saw your quote of my post.

Yes it is very close to the airport and I love very near Oakland County Airport. Far enough to fly as long as I don't venture North too far.

Then there are the 400 heliports in our area.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura