DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another: "MA2 Lost Power" Thread

B_Petrie

Reactions
Hello ladies and gents.

Today I opened my MA2 for the first time, charged the battery and controller, went through my pre-flight check and then take off. Then 1:09 later as it is flying back, I see the props stop and it falls out of the sky like a brick. Now its completely destroyed and I have a case open with DJ. Can someone have a look at this log and explain what the heck happened?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-03-03_[17-35-29].txt
    371 KB · Views: 17
Can someone have a look at this log and explain what the heck happened?
It's usually not easy to tell what caused fall-from-the-air incidents but the data can at least eliminate some of the possible causes.

In your case the data ends at 71 seconds with the battery still having plenty of juice (cell voltages at 3.9 volts).
You had been flying at full speed in normal mode, 372 feet up and the data just stops with the drone in a stable position, indicating no collision took place.

Reactions: B_Petrie
It's usually not easy to tell what caused fall-from-the-air incidents but the data can at least eliminate some of the possible causes.

In your case the data ends at 71 seconds with the battery still having plenty of juice (cell voltages at 3.9 volts).
You had been flying at full speed in normal mode, 372 feet up and the data just stops with the drone in a stable position, indicating no collision took place.
Thank you for looking at that. It was so strange - flying fine then no power.

You mention that it was your first flight on the Mavic Air 2 is it possible that you did not clip in the battery firm enough as the Air 2 needs a good solid click. I have seen many batteries just pushed in and many times its not enough.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Reactions: tlswift58
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98