DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another new Mavic owner

MasterOfPuppets

Reactions
Hey guys, after reading the classifieds on here for the last week, someone posted B&H Photo Video was running a sale on a Mavic Pro Fly More Combo - and I jumped on it. It shipped today and should be here Monday.

This is my first drone and I’m excited as heck. I flew my brothers P4 and got addicted. Hope this one flies as good.

Can’t wait.

Now..should I buy the low noise props is my next question I have to figure out.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
Awesome, congratulations. Hope you got a good deal. I'm still quite a noob, but I'm learning quick. I know now not to take off anywhere near a tree, my mavic rth and I panicked, it over shot home point and got tangled in a tree.
I got the dji care plan, so they sent me a new one in less than 2 weeks. Might want to consider getting the plan.

Reactions: MasterOfPuppets
Get the low noise props. It is much quieter

Oh yeah, I don't know much about the low noise props, i thought about getting some. I've seen some posts saying they were having trouble with them, dji sent me a full set, so now I have a bunch of the standard ones.

I flew a friends mavic pro with cheap low noise props last weekend. It didn’t have any weird oscillations or vibrations. It was smooth and much quieter.

Reactions: MasterOfPuppets
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

My low noise props have been working okay so far on my Mavic Pro. They are a bit quieter. The only downside is they are more fragile on the edges. That shouldn't be a problem though if you store them in a safe place when they aren't in use.

Hey guys, after reading the classifieds on here for the last week, someone posted B&H Photo Video was running a sale on a Mavic Pro Fly More Combo - and I jumped on it. It shipped today and should be here Monday.

This is my first drone and I’m excited as heck. I flew my brothers P4 and got addicted. Hope this one flies as good.

Can’t wait.

Congrats! As to the low noise props? Well, I've tried them both and - to be candid - while quieter, the Mavic Pro isn't really 'that' loud to begin with. Moreover, my experience with the low noise props was that they made the Mavic Pro a bit 'floaty' and not as stable in the air. At least not like with the standard props. I also found them to be a bit 'flimsy' in build. Are they quieter? Yes. Are they 'that' much quieter than the standard props? Negligible (to me). I took them off and fly exclusively with the standard props now. Either way you go, I'm sure you'll be pleased.

I got the low noise in carbon fiber. Have been flying with them for 2 weeks. Very pleased with the results. However I am going to go back to standard for awhile and see if there is a difference.

I got the low noise in carbon fiber. Have been flying with them for 2 weeks. Very pleased with the results. However I am going to go back to standard for awhile and see if there is a difference.

Can you post the link for which ones you got and from where? I'd love to see your report after you fly again with the stock. Thanks!

Congrats on the purchase...
Would like to give a shout out for B&H as they have been amazing to deal with. I bought my fly more combo from them a cpl weeks ago ( basically because of how highly this forum recommended them) no shipping and no tax and they shipped to Canada for free.
Got it for what I thought was a great deal $1088 US. Saw the sale on Wednesday for $949 for the same Fly more combo. Took a screen shot of the sale price and emailed them, asked about price drop policy and they are gladly refunding my credit card for $139. No hassle no fight, great quick response to emails, just all around great company to deal with. They will definitely be getting more buisness from me in the future.

Darn fed ex teased me yesterday. Originally said delivered on 19th, but yesterday morning got a notification that it’s out for delivery. I waited all day staring out the window like I’m waiting and watching for the school bus. It never came. Figuring I’d have to sign for it, I didn’t leave the house. Good way to waste the day. Sick joke FedEx!

FINALLY got to take my new Mavic Pro on a flight today. This is my first drone so I was making darn sure to be careful. Couldn’t believe how easy this thing was to fly. It was cold out so that wasn’t fun. And windy. Yet the Mavic didn’t flinch in the wind. I was a little nervous since I read some have problems with the iPhone 8 Plus losing connectivity after a certain distance away. Mine was flawless. Knock on wood.

Crazy thing I observed, is this thing is NOT that loud. From all the talk about the Platinum and the new props I got an impression that this thing must be super loud. It wasn’t. In my opinion anyway.

I was originally just gonna get one battery for now. But sure glad I got the fly more combo. One battery would never cut it.

Hoping to fly it with my brother and his P4 since he got me hooked on all this. Haha

Thanks for the help fellas

Can’t wait.

Awesome, download the real manual from the website, read it front to back. That is what I did. Then you will want to buy the fast battery charger. Then you will need ND filters and a landing pad. There are a ton of other things you will pick up along the way but those three are things I use every day I fly.

Awesome, download the real manual from the website, read it front to back. That is what I did. Then you will want to buy the fast battery charger. Then you will need ND filters and a landing pad. There are a ton of other things you will pick up along the way but those three are things I use every day I fly.

Dumb question but what do the ND filters do?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman