DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another new pilot

Saroleve

Reactions
Hi everyone new pilot not yet flown at all yet due to weather etc, have a secondhand mini Fly more package, only thing missing is the prop guards, has only been flown a short time by previous owner and picked up for £300 ? good deal?
Have a question about the drone-hacks software for the mini, spoke to drone-hacks about invalidating insurance cover and they answered that it did but didn’t know of anyone having problems when claiming, does anyone have experience of this with coverdrone? Looking forward to learning from this community and hopefully able to contribute too.

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas USA!

You picked a winner in the Mini. Don't be fooled by its small size and low price. It's a high performance quad with a great camera.

Be careful flying in wind. Many of us have lost our Minis due to high winds. Read the manual, and practice lost drone recovery. Believe me, you will crash your Mini, and you will lose your Mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

I hope DJI updates the Fly App with larger fonts to make it easier to read. A lot of our members have trouble with it.

As to hacks, the only one I know of is the FCC mode hack. It is said to give you higher signal strength and thus better protection from lost connection. I've seen posts which state that it works, and posts which say it doesn't. Some of your fellow CAA flyers can perhaps offer a more definitive answer.

Glad to have you as a member!

@Hauptmann Thanks for your reply and welcome, and the explanation of the hack, you say practice lost drone recovery? Can you enlighten me please.
@Saroleve You're getting way ahead of yourself.

Just take it easy, fly the thing first.

You're not really in the right 'place' to even think about mods until you've of flown.

You need to learn to walk before you run. :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear