DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Noob...Isn't there a lot to learn

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.
still a "newbie"
and I say that with a smile because every day there seems to be something "new" to learn. Just when you thought you had it, along comes a new bit of information to add.

add: Welcome Big Stevie to the forum !!!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and assistance. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hey welcome to the forum I would suggest going on Drone U website its a membership but they literally teach you everything from practise drills to photography with you drone absolutely everything and more.

I am currently trying to download all there videos off there are hundreds :)

Welcome to the forum. The biggest thing with the mini I have read on this forum since I dont own one is wind is your worst enemy so don't push it past its boundaries and enjoy and safe flying.

Just got my mini , one flight round the garden no crashes yet. Hope to pick up lots of tips from the more experienced pilots
Welcome to the Forum from Chicago the Windy City. I love the MM myself, still saving up money to get, great starter drone.
From what I read, care full not to fly it in high winds, especially being new. Fly Safe.

Welcome!

My own 2 cents:
Read this: A short explanation of compass function, calibration and errors.

Fly without looking at your screen at first. Understand what drone orientation is, what the lights mean, and how to navigate without the display. (Saved me numerous times)

Set up your menu system before take off. Meaning set your RTH Altitude, your RTH action, etc. All before you take off.

Pretend like Sport mode doesn't exist.

Enjoy your new addiction. ?

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
Take your time and learn to control it before flying long distances, within VLOS.

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas, USA!

The Mini was a good choice.
Despite its small size and low price, it has good performance and a reasonably good camera. The Mini weighs only 249 grams, so it doesn't fly as well in wind as well as the heavier drones. On windy days, it’s best to fly upwind so that you’ll have a tailwind on the way back. Read the manual, and practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you'll crash and/or lose your Mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

Also, you might consider hacking the FCC mode. It will give you higher signal strength and better protection from lost connection. Lots of fun stuff to shoot all over the UK and the EU. When you have questions, there are over 100,000 of us here to help you be a better pilot and photographer. Just ask!

Happy flying!

It's not so much that there's a lot to learn, as others have suggested, read the manual, know your bird and flight controller well, but really, just practice, practice, practice. As the Cyborg says, in a wide open area is best. Just get comfortable with the controls. Slow and easy moves are always best. Once you get comfortable, you could try some things to practice getting out of trouble, like fly toward a wall or trees and get used to just letting go of the control sticks so the bird stops. Take a breath, analyze your situation and think of the best and safest way to get out of trouble and do it slowly. NEVER PANIC. Keep a calm mind and above all, ENJOY flying!!!

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99