DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Old Guy thread. Electric Shavers?

Former Member

Reactions
Yes, it's another boring, Old Guy thread. This one's about electric shavers.

Somehow, every day, I seem to gash myself shaving with my Fusion electric razor. It has 5 blades, gel lubricant, pivots, but still leaves me with what feels like a pint less blood every time I use it. Been using them for a few years. I also use lubricating shave cream, but still doesnt help. If I go outside and my wife's not with me, I usually have blood dripping from my chin.

Not sure why, but a few days ago I decided to rediscover electric shavers. I bought 3 different ones based on internet reviews. To my utter surprise and delightment, none of them gave me any abrasions, irritation or rashes. The Remington VIP I got for Christmas 30 years ago was a painful experience. These are a pleasure.

The 3 I got were Remington, Panasonic and Braun. All cost between $150 - $250 but there was not much difference between the 3, the Panasonic just did a better job and was more delicate with my skin.

Im probably going to keep the Panasonic. Has the widest head, cuts closer than a straight edge, and is cordless. Its also wet'dry, so it's good on the go or in the shower.

You're probably asking why in the world is this relevant to Mavicpilots? It isn't, thats why it's in off-topic. However, I know Im not alone in the age 60+ bracket and thought I would share my new technological toy with you fellow tech lovers. Whom of you hates walking outside looking like they are just learning how to shave? Not me!

Yes, it's another boring, Old Guy thread. This one's about electric shavers.

Somehow, every day, I seem to gash myself shaving with my Fusion electric razor. It has 5 blades, gel lubricant, pivots, but still leaves me with what feels like a pint less blood every time I use it. Been using them for a few years. I also use lubricating shave cream, but still doesnt help. If I go outside and my wife's not with me, I usually have blood dripping from my chin.

Not sure why, but a few days ago I decided to rediscover electric shavers. I bought 3 different ones based on internet reviews. To my utter surprise and delightment, none of them gave me any abrasions, irritation or rashes. The Remington VIP I got for Christmas 30 years ago was a painful experience. These are a pleasure.

The 3 I got were Remington, Panasonic and Braun. All cost between $150 - $250 but there was not much difference between the 3, the Panasonic just did a better job and was more delicate with my skin.

Im probably going to keep the Panasonic. Has the widest head, cuts closer than a straight edge, and is cordless. Its also wet'dry, so it's good on the go or in the shower.

You're probably asking why in the world is this relevant to Mavicpilots? It isn't, thats why it's in off-topic. However, I know Im not alone in the age 60+ bracket and thought I would share my new technological toy with you fellow tech lovers. Whom of you hates walking outside looking like they are just learning how to shave? Not me!
i use a phillips they have 3 rotary heads and i have never had any issues with them cutting me are also wet or dry and cordless

Did yours come with a cleaner? Im not sure how often to clean my new one, but I clean my razor blade every time I use it.
there is a little brush to remove the whiskers from the inside but because it is a wet or dry shaver i run it under warm water to keep it clean using my shower head every couple off shaves

I think anyone with a beard would qualify.
heh Rob these off topic threads are such good fun and very educational dont you think keep up the good work

heh Rob these off topic threads are such good fun and very educational dont you think keep up the good work
I appreciate that! I had absolutely no idea that we had so many seniors on the forum. At this point in life I think many of us are financially able to afford our little hobby and have plenty of time to enjoy it.

could not agree more
I appreciate that! I had absolutely no idea that we had so many seniors on the forum. At this point in life I think many of us are financially able to afford our little hobby and have plenty of time to enjoy it.
could not agree more the only downside is the fact that our age sometimes gets in the way when we want to do things our old bodies dont but it is great for keeping the old mind active

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan