DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna replacement part

This one is a bit trickier than a Mavic pro or air controller to open.
DJI is using a bit of glue on a few of the connectors that I’ve not seen before. I haven’t opened an m2 controller, so can’t answer for that one.
Looks so far, to be a similar case, so one of my creations for the mp should fit.
Hi,
i have a question for you - as you took this remote apart - is there any way of producing a consumable video signal feed out of it, to be sent to a usual external 'dumb' monitor, in any format?
i would love to mold some sort of a shell on top of it with a 2.5-4" external oled mini display to be able to ditch the app and phone connection completely, as MM starts and flies without a phone and app connection just fine - in many scenarios it would be more than enough, just need to have something embedded into the remote to see what gimbal is pointed at.

something like that
in a custom 3d printed top shell as a part of the remote itself. or tear apart old eachine goggles and use those screens for it, would be same thing, only need to figure out how to convert and produce video feed from that remote.

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments. I was able to get it snapped back on. The antenna wire is broken. I’ve been able to fly it successfully although did get some ‘adjust antenna’ at around 350 ft. I’m wondering if I could solder the wire back together ?
Where did it break? At the antenna element or from the mainboard?

They are just small coax cables so as long as you have (or have access to) a small enough soldering iron tip it should be not to hard to re-connect. I guess you would have to split open the antenna housing though.

Hi,
i have a question for you - as you took this remote apart - is there any way of producing a consumable video signal feed out of it, to be sent to a usual external 'dumb' monitor, in any format?
i would love to mold some sort of a shell on top of it with a 2.5-4" external oled mini display to be able to ditch the app and phone connection completely, as MM starts and flies without a phone and app connection just fine - in many scenarios it would be more than enough, just need to have something embedded into the remote to see what gimbal is pointed at.

something like that
in a custom 3d printed top shell as a part of the remote itself. or tear apart old eachine goggles and use those screens for it, would be same thing, only need to figure out how to convert and produce video feed from that remote.
Probably the tricky part to that idea would be a connection point and a way to find dji’s wiring diagram for the output of those feeds. If you have a way to determine all that and make those connections, may be worth a try. One wrong connection, and you may end up with a fried board.

Test results seem to have made a slight difference in range.
I’ll just say around a 20% increase. There seems to be less of the adjust antenna messages which was part of the goal.
Less adjust antenna messages........That indeed is something I’m looking to lessen as well.

I have made mounts .....and when I say made.....yes...one of the most functional mounts I made was to attach a P4P v2 controller to a camera tripod.....the better than a cheap Walmart bargain tripod I used is steady ....I find that on longer flights I do have some arm fatigue with a larger iPad and sun shade in place. Yes I can hold the rig the entire flight....but depending on the objective and type of flight....just being able to stop gripping the controller for a few seconds can be refreshing.

My longest flight times and distance from home figures are all obtained when gripping the controller the whole time...

Most flights are more recreational in nature and the tripod allows a steady grip without having to squeeze the wheel so to speak.

All that said....be ready to fast remove the controller from the tripod at a moments notice.....

I had one experience where one of the tripod leg clamps gave way....probably from pilot not tightening it properly in pre flight....

My hands were on the controller so it did not fall....if it had there could have been antenna damage....iPad damage ....controller damage....

Keeping a controller steady helps with antenna adjust warnings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheungy691