DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ANTIDRONE BY KASPERSKY

So many of these anti drone systems out now that the school of thought is they'll only end up sold to "authorised users" is unlikely to stick. I can see anyone with enough motivation getting one.
Given the methods used to disable or jam drones are illegal in most countries it might be time to start enforcing that law and reminding people of it.
It wont be long before a legal drone flier loses his drone due to a landowner who has bought an OTS solution because he doesnt like the things near his land.

I can digest something like DJI areoscope that documents the RPA and telemetry etc. Apparently the email address of the DJI user account that is piloting the RPA is also disclosed. Assuming it’s a DJI drone... not sure about others.
Something like this kaspersky is a recipe for disaster!
I hope they are regulated and not just let loose...

Imagine some rentacop takes down a drone doing something legit and important like a drone delivering a defibrillator.

Reactions: Dizzy1971
What do we know about the capture drone?
How fast can it move?
How long does its battery last?
Is it a single shot machine?
What evasive action could a targeted drone take?
Is there any chance of avoiding capture?
Does it work successfully in the dark?

Also, how are they determining whether it’s a legitimate/legally flying drone?

So many questions, I hope the security sector doesn’t have some legal loophole that can be exploited to allow widespread use.

Question to the fellow pilots: who enters information in their drones unique user identification setting?

I recently discovered this and put in my details including phone number. My thinking was that anyone able to access this would see I’m licensed and operating commercially. Hopefully they will call my mobile of reach out on the airwaves before taking any action. If they don’t then at least I’m demonstrating efforts to be legitimate.

Where in the world did you come up with that ?

Because if you down an aircraft, any aircraft currently that is illegal and if you cause harm or damage you are liable. Taking control electronically is the only logical way to go... then you can fly the offending aircraft to a safe landing.

Shoot s net and capture a moving I2 lol. Funny

But let's say it was successful... Now an I2 falls to the ground causing massive damage to what it hits.
So the better or person using the net the responsible party or the net maker?

Can not be the drone pilot as they were violated as per FAA regs an aircraft.

Courts are going to have a field day with this not only in liability but infringement on your constitutional rights to be left alone.

Wait and see

fear-mongering for profit!

I see legal problems for someone (non-governmental) using this with authorization.

So.... all we need to do is look at the anti- gun crowd to see all the tactics to be employed against lawful drone users because of the occasional misdeed committed with a drone!
"Why do you need more than 10 drones?"
"You can only buy one drone a month"
"You must apply to the government for permission to own a drone"...

Reactions: Drgnfli
What do we know about the capture drone?
How fast can it move?
How long does its battery last?
Is it a single shot machine?
What evasive action could a targeted drone take?
Is there any chance of avoiding capture?
Does it work successfully in the dark?
These things would be totally ineffective with a drone "swarm". Do they think they can outgun a determined opponent? These people either "know" or have no clue.

Who cares!? They have a slow motion heavy metal action mission video that lends a cool factor of legitimacy to their product! Clearly they are a supremely supreme product ....keeping the world safe for democracy. ?

Wow!!!
If they had used the billions of dollars spent in wars, to bring the common good, honesty, peace and well-being, not only in less developed countries, "but everywhere", we would not be here to talk about these things now.

Sounds like jamming control frequencies present a safety hazard for those on the ground. Legal?

In most countries unless its specifically approved for security services,no its not.
And thats the problem, i seriously doubt the ability or will of these people to only sell to authorised, government approved users.
Once these end up in the hands of Farmer John who wants to "protect his fields" and perfectly legal drones start getting trashed we have a problem.
Its like NSO/Hacking team and cyber exploit companies who constantly claim each customer is vetted and authorised but time and time again its been proven to be untrue.

Or legal flights by ANY drone- are you allowed to detect, jam and force to land any drone that happens to be flying over your premises? "Mexican Drug Gangs" using "Flocks of Drones" excepted of course. What a joke!
The article states, "To be on the safe side, it is better to jam across the entire available frequency range. " That is clearly a violation of federal laws. It may also interfere with safe operation of commercial aircraft.

FCC Jammer Enforcement said:
Jamming Prohibition

The use of "cell jammers" or similar devices designed to intentionally block, jam, or interfere with authorized radio communications (signal blockers, GPS jammers, or text stoppers, etc.) is a violation of federal law. Also, it is unlawful to advertise, sell, distribute, or otherwise market these devices to consumers in the United States. These devices pose serious risks to critical public safety communications, and can prevent you and others from making 9-1-1 and other emergency calls. Jammers can also interfere with law enforcement communications. Operation of a jammer in the United States may subject you to substantial monetary penalties, seizure of the unlawful equipment, and criminal sanctions including imprisonment.

FCC Jamme Enforcement

fear-mongering for profit!

I see legal problems for someone (non-governmental) using this with authorization.
Most likely, anti-drone systems will be only install in government offices / airports / military bases that are sensitive to regular drones. I don't seem them selling to the private sector unless that they are organizations that have sensitive and protective products.

Most likely, anti-drone systems will be only install in government offices / airports / military bases that are sensitive to regular drones. I don't seem them selling to the private sector unless that they are organizations that have sensitive and protective products.

You mean like the same rules that mean cyber warfare tools are only sold to audited, vetted bodies and not private entities but clearly are sold to anyone with money?
Why would anti drone companies, especially foreign ones be any more scrupulous in their vetting?
Who gets to decide what a valid cause is? The company? The government? Someone elses government?

The main issue we have is jamming drones is trivial. Anyone can do it with access to google and a few hundred dollars.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan