DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any advice, something to fix is welcome

Very nice video. I've played around with some video editing in my photography. Your first fade-out to fade-in between scenes is a professional touch and I think it could have been used again in some of the scene changes. The effect of one scene dissolving into the next without a blackout looks good in some cases also. The background music is a nice touch also but it sounds sad. I would look for other music selections to see how it changes the mood. But, as I said before good work!

Since the subject of music is very subjective and in this case it's not a disaster, I'm going to leave it as it's now but I'm agree with you that the song has a bit of a sad or melancholic atmosphere.

Regarding the transitions between scenes, here I apply the minimalist rule, that is, I add only what is necessary. In this case, a fade in and fade out at the beginning and end of the video.

Actually there is only one transition between scenes in the video in 0.48, a fade to black and I added it because the music almost stops completely. The rest of the scenes change, there is no transition between them.

I don't see the need to add transitions between scenes unless the music, or rhythm of the scenes, demands it, or they add something to the video.

Thanks!!!

Thank you for the very detailed information! You’re correct that I would use my Mini 2 to shoot video and not just to fly. I’ll have to think carefully about whether I want to go through the registration and testing process, which seems more complicated than here in the United States. In any case, thank you again for your help. I‘m looking forward to returning to your beautiful country, with or without my drone!

The process seems long and complicated, but it really is not. The A1 exam is very simple, so much so that if you read the syllabus, you will pass it.

The only handicaps I see are the language (as I said, I don't know if all the pages and exams are available in English) and maybe the on-line access for people without Spanish nationality (the easiest way to access is with the digital certificate that they give you with your ID card).

Good luck and if I can help you in any way, just ask.

Just my opinion.
Nice pictures but they seem disjointed like watching a still slide show with slow music. I have a general rule of no less than 10 seconds, usually more, for a single clip. Yours seem more like 7 seconds before blinking to to new clip just as I am looking for a continuation. I like my clips to connect to tell a story from one to the next showcasing the movement of the flight. I like smooth transitions but they aren't possible on such short clips. Flying transitional videos from one shot to another would help. How does one get from the beautiful rock cliff to the town? What was the total flight plan for the videos?
The area seems to have really great potential for a great video.
I would think 3 minutes is too short for what you want to showcase here--maybe just make the clips longer or remove some to keep more important ones to tell your story.

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
I’ll have to think carefully about whether I want to go through the registration and testing process, which seems more complicated than here in the United States. In any case, thank you again for your help. I‘m looking forward to returning to your beautiful country, with or without my drone!
@Mike52, I just went through the A1/A3 registration and testing process via the Irish Aviation Authority. That registration is good in all EU member countries, including Spain. It's only slightly more complicated than the US TRUST certificate. Go for it.

There's a post about my experience here:

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
Just my opinion.
Nice pictures but they seem disjointed like watching a still slide show with slow music. I have a general rule of no less than 10 seconds, usually more, for a single clip. Yours seem more like 7 seconds before blinking to to new clip just as I am looking for a continuation. I like my clips to connect to tell a story from one to the next showcasing the movement of the flight. I like smooth transitions but they aren't possible on such short clips. Flying transitional videos from one shot to another would help. How does one get from the beautiful rock cliff to the town? What was the total flight plan for the videos?
The area seems to have really great potential for a great video.
I would think 3 minutes is too short for what you want to showcase here--maybe just make the clips longer or remove some to keep more important ones to tell your story.

Nowadays I don't know how to tell a story with my videos, so in the end they are a succession of images with music.

Regarding the length of the clips, and of the video: I think that if I made the scenes 10 seconds long, and the video longer, many viewers would get bored of the video very soon. Unfortunately we are in the TikTok era.

I am of the opinion of not adding transitions, or anything to the video, if it doesn't add something to the video. Here I don't see how to enhance the video with transitions between clips, what kind of transitions do you suggest, could you elaborate on this?

Thank you very much for your comments!

Nowadays I don't know how to tell a story with my videos, so in the end they are a succession of images with music.

Regarding the length of the clips, and of the video: I think that if I made the scenes 10 seconds long, and the video longer, many viewers would get bored of the video very soon. Unfortunately we are in the TikTok era.

I am of the opinion of not adding transitions, or anything to the video, if it doesn't add something to the video. Here I don't see how to enhance the video with transitions between clips, what kind of transitions do you suggest, could you elaborate on this?

Thank you very much for your comments!
Transition effect help to smooth the view from one scene to another, but they also take time away from each of your short clips so they wouldn't help. I don't think it can really work to make one video work for TikToc an YouTube as they serve different functions. For a story, jus think of you would talk to someone and explain the beauty of the location as you take them on a mindful visionary tour of the area; then organize your videos to show that story just as if you were telling the story to a person adjusting clips as needed to support the story. Make the story exciting and people will watch and want more.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000