DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any compression flicker?

Reactions
I'm toying with the idea of upgrading my MP 1 for an MP2 Pro. My main reason is the compression flicker on my MP1 is really annoying as I need to use Neat Video noise filter on every clip, even at ISO 100. I shoot in 2.7k as the flicker is less obvious, but it's still a hassle.

Anyway, I'd like to know if the flicker is still prrsent on the MP2 Pro (not Zoom).

Thanks...

P.S. does the MP2 also have that annoying feature where in-built noise reduction kicks in if sharpening is set to 0 or lower? On the MP1 you need to set sharpening to 1 to disable the noise reduction.

Thanks...

From what most people have said, no to both. The footage appearing seems to back that up.

So the 2 biggest flaws of the MP1 have been addressed (even if its still missing lots of features the 1 had currently).

I look forward to not having to run NeatVideo on every single video.

Reactions: theprisoner666
Only true for well exposed footage. Low light video does require some temporal NR to remove flicker. But overall it is not as obvious/noticeable as with the MP.

Reactions: theprisoner666
Thanks guys. I'll find some raw MP2 footage and check it out. NeatVideo does a decent enough job, but it's annoying if you need to do some last minute adjustments post-NR as the render times are a nightmare.

4k 30 seconds clip on mine the render time goes up from about 2 mins with just Lumetri and LUT to about 25 minutes with NeatVideo so yes, i'd rather not have to use it on *every* clip!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25