DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Drones pilots from Whistler B.C.

Just follow that link and it links you direct to the BC Parks website where it shows the regulations or....... there is google.
OK, I must be missing something. The link takes me to Peak Aerials website where they are posting some regulations. I'm not seeing any link to BC Parks, and yah, I know how to use Google before posting on a forum. I have sent an email to BC Parks, they might be able to reply within 2 weeks. If you are able to share a link to the BC Parks UAV regulation, that would be greatly appreciated?

OK, I must be missing something. The link takes me to Peak Aerials website where they are posting some regulations. I'm not seeing any link to BC Parks, and yah, I know how to use Google before posting on a forum. I have sent an email to BC Parks, they might be able to reply within 2 weeks. If you are able to share a link to the BC Parks UAV regulation, that would be greatly appreciated?

Apologies the resource links are for the Canadian justice website not BC Parks,my mistake. I just presume the parks follow the regulations but dont post them on their websites or anything.

National Parks of Canada Aircraft Access Regulations

yes.

have a mavic (which is awesome), and a phantom 1.

message to meet up. really want some good skiers / riders to team up with to make videos

Well if you look at any of the drone videos online of Vancouver, most fly within those zones that are actually sanctioned as no fly zones, that image was also created by someone who isnt the Ministry of Transport Canada.
I have never had an issue ever flying my drone within some of these areas, but obviously not close to the obvious no fly zones of Downtown and YVR.

Cops and bystanders never seem to have an issue if you know what your doing and you seem educated on the subject and the regulations. I always carry a printout of the ministry of transport regulations. I was flying on the sunshine coast once on a lake and some dude rolls up in his boat and starts shouting at me saying I need to register my drone and where are my insurance documents. I took the printout out of my bag handed it to him, cracked a beer and he apologised and went on his way. It pays to be prepared sometimes.

Great job having a printout of regs, etc... BUT... you really shouldn't be drinking and flying. Save the beer for when you're done flying please. (I'm an alcoholic, and I don't drink and fly - you can do it too!)
Thumbswayupo_O Thumbswayup

Reactions: Shaneoc
I live in whistler, have been here for a few years. However I'm new to drones. I just ordered a mavic, pretty excited to get out there and start flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa