DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any experience of dronegateway.co.uk

No that’s just the drone, controller, and one battery. The fly more combo has the extra batteries etc. Like I say, looks like it’s not on there at the moment.

Had my first flight this evening, it’s superb.

Reactions: Kenny.j
Good thing i found this thread. Have been looking to get into the drone scene (i only have a hubsan x4) and i saw dronegateway selling the mavic air fly more combo for £700, cheapest around but the thought of sending the money via bank transfer put me off. Absolutely no protection whatsoever.

Sort of going off topic but do you guys think i should just wait? I'm hearing news that there might be a mavic pro 2 announced very soon and it most likely will bring the prices down for the pro fly more which at the moment is only about £100 more than the air. What do you guys think?

I was in that same boat, having a Hubsan H501S as an introduction - but am now awaiting delivery of my Mavic Pro Platinum to take the next step. Dronegateway are seriously losing out by not playing ball - surely a courteous reply to e-mail requests, or speaking to callers who telephone before ringing off without a word, would achieve much. Their loss.

I’m still thinking that Dronegateway prices are ex-VAT (hence ‘ex tax’ on every price) which still leaves them competitive but to a lesser degree.

I upgraded to a Mavic Pro from the H501S :)

Miss that drone.

Reactions: Erisaman
Good thing i found this thread. Have been looking to get into the drone scene (i only have a hubsan x4) and i saw dronegateway selling the mavic air fly more combo for £700, cheapest around but the thought of sending the money via bank transfer put me off. Absolutely no protection whatsoever.

Sort of going off topic but do you guys think i should just wait? I'm hearing news that there might be a mavic pro 2 announced very soon and it most likely will bring the prices down for the pro fly more which at the moment is only about £100 more than the air. What do you guys think?

I don't think anyone knows when the MP2 will come out. I'd buy something now as the weather should be getting better. Forecast for next week is good any way lol

I upgraded to a Mavic Pro from the H501S :)

Miss that drone.

I hope to keep the H501S for the time being. I had previously built and flown Trex helicopters but never really conquered my fear of ‘nose-in’ flying. The quad is giving me confidence and I’m improving daily .

Another alternative to Dronegateway appeared on the UK ‘Bay site last night - Mavic Pro Platinum at £708 delivered, UK seller, brilliant 100% Positive feedback and having 2 Platinums available - both sold within hours!

Hi,

Looking to buy a Mavic Pro Platinum and Drone Gateway have a reasonable deal. Just wondering if anybody on the forum has experience good or bad with these guys?

Thanks
So I thought I would by my son a nice birthday present from drone gateway.
Looked a a good website and a good price with 12 months free crash insurance, had to register with them and i was concerned about storing my bank card with them so foolishly I paid by bank transfer....the next day I though he will need another battery so I ordered one from drone gateway.
Scam company .....drone never turned up so I done some digging...the building is up for rent, the emails get no response and the pbone doesnt answer. The bank tells me no hope of getting money back. I've reported it to police online web fraud a week ago but the website is still up and running.
Please please don't buy from them....guess my son is going to have to settle for a much lesser presecent this year because I was a fool. Please share and help get this web site closed down because some scum bag conman is taking the smile off the face of people looking for a bargain and a prescent that never turns up.

Looked a a good website and a good price with 12 months free crash insurance, had to register with them and i was concerned about storing my bank card with them so foolishly I paid by bank transfer....the next day I though he will need another battery so I ordered one from drone gateway.
Scam company .....drone never turned up so I done some digging...the building is up for rent, the emails get no response and the pbone doesnt answer. The bank tells me no hope of getting money back. I've reported it to police online web fraud a week ago but the website is still up and running.
Please please don't buy from them....guess my son is going to have to settle for a much lesser presecent this year because I was a fool. Please share and help get this web site closed down because some scum bag conman is taking the smile off the face of people looking for a bargain and a prescent that never turns up.

Oh my lord, why would you do that?!?! Absolutely foolish! You're outta luck with any sort of protection when you send money via bank transfer.

Reactions: David01603

I am so, so sorry to read that, I can only imagine how cheated you are feeling. Thank you for posting this warning, we did suspect them .... but you have discovered far more and been hurt in doing so.

Better luck to you and your son in the future.

****!

That would've been a great present for your son.

No that’s just the drone, controller, and one battery. The fly more combo has the extra batteries etc. Like I say, looks like it’s not on there at the moment.

Had my first flight this evening, it’s superb.
The site has just updated, so is this the kit you got?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 20.35.26.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 20.35.26.png
    315.4 KB · Views: 21
The site has just updated, so is this the kit you got?

Yes, thats it. Its gone a little cheaper too. I was having a really good go over with the kit and the app last night and it tells you the manufacture date of the batteries. Mine were made 3 weeks ago, and I received it nearly a week ago. Doesn't even look like its had time to sit on a shelf somewhere!

Done about 10 flights so far, its incredible.

Reactions: Kenny.j
Yes, thats it. Its gone a little cheaper too. I was having a really good go over with the kit and the app last night and it tells you the manufacture date of the batteries. Mine were made 3 weeks ago, and I received it nearly a week ago. Doesn't even look like its had time to sit on a shelf somewhere!

Done about 10 flights so far, its incredible.
Cool, i've just ordered a white mavic air flymore bundle - with a discount code I found it cost £692.99. Bargin! Just have to wait on delivery now. :D

Reactions: Dylanjibmonkey
It’s always best to buy from a reputable dealer in the uk.
If you import from another country (say China or the US), then that’s where you’re going to have to send it back to if anything goes wrong. DJI will only let you send repair and warranties to the region the unit was sent to for retail.
Also, you’re protected by EU warranty laws. We get much better protection sales wise than a lot of regions.
Lastly, you stand much less chance of being ripped off.

I own a lot of drones. Buzzflyer, and RCGeeks are both great. My favourite company though is Heliguy. Great service from them.

Reactions: MrPieUK
Indeed, despite the saving of £200+ with some overseas websites i decided to go with ebuyer who were selling the fly anymore for £895. It's just worth it to me with the peace of mind, as you've said consumer laws and warranty are really good with us. Can't really replace that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag