DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any file naming options?

David97

Reactions
Is there anyway to change the auto generated file names? And i guess nothing can be done about the file size limit my clips seem to be limited to 3-5min.

Is there anyway to change the auto generated file names?
No .. DJI don't offer any way to modify that for most of their drones.
WIth the last couple of new releases they gave something they call custom file naming, but it only allows you to add even more characters to the already overly long file names.
It's no use to anyone.
And i guess nothing can be done about the file size limit my clips seem to be limited to 3-5min.
Your video files aren't limited to 3-5 minutes.
They are limited to 3.7 GB segments.
There is no way to change the file size limit, but you can change the time by shooting at a different resolution..

That's a bit annoying especially when you have been to multiple locations that you are not familiar with like on vacation. What do people do with the SRT file?

The Mini4 now has the ability to add folders which you name, as well as choosing the file names you want to use.

The Mini4 now has the ability to add folders which you name, as well as choosing the file names you want to use.
If it's the same as the Mavic 3 series, all you can do is add more characters to the already too long file name.
Try it sometime.

I think the folder naming is new on M4P. You can use whatever name you want for the folder to organize photos and video files. Haven't tried the file naming yet.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne