DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any flyers near Auburn/Truckee/Tahoe/Grass Valley areas of CA?

*bump*
59bcf2b329289a0228c46e10d27f234b.gif

I also live in Roseville,let me know when and where
Cool! I've been chatting with @Navone in PM, trying to work out a date. There's a nice spot up in Nevada City, where I live, but we might all want to connect in Auburn. Any ideas? I know a good spot above the north fork of the American River in Auburn. Might be a good starting point.

Got any favorite places to go?

I’m interested, I am in Lincoln and it gets boring quick flying over the same fields out in this area. Just got my first drone a few weeks ago, Mavic Air.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Sounds like we have a party on our hands :). This is for everyone 8n the thread:

The two places I had in mind for a meet-up are both *in* the very outer radius of NFZs. If you guys don't mind doing the authorization process, then we're good. If any of you have a nice spot outside of an NFZ, please post it.

There's a cool spot in Colfax, outside of any NFZs, along the railroad tracks.

Anyone want to suggest a day/time?

There are a ton of great spots along the north fork of the American River between Auburn and Alta

Yes of course it’s ok Everybody that loves drones is welcome. My work schedule is kind of hectic right now so I’m going to have to Check the schedule tomorrow and let you know

Sounds good, everyone. My schedule is messed up this week, but fairly open afterwards. Let's keep posting till we reach a consensus :)

There are a ton of great spots along the north fork of the American River between Auburn and Alta
Can you post a few map links to the spots on the AR? I'd like to check 'em out.

Here's a spot in Colfax, along the train tracks (non NFZ): Google Maps

It's where I shot this tilt-shift clip - we would just have to be cognizant of I-80, which you can see in the clip:

Reactions: Norb_DAIS
I’m going to play around this evening with some of the different flight modes. I will be off of 12 Bridges ave in Lincoln this evening if anyone wants to join. There’s a some big open areas out there and just outside of the NFZ.

I’m going to play around this evening with some of the different flight modes. I will be off of 12 Bridges ave in Lincoln this evening if anyone wants to join. There’s a some big open areas out there and just outside of the NFZ.
I'd love to - but can't tonight. Please let me know the next time you head that way. One thing I don't get much of, living in the foothills, is wide open spaces.

Iowa Hill Rd leads down to the North fork of the American River it is an awesome place to fly down there

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato