DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any idea what these birds are? [EDIT: Answered! They are either swifts or House Martins]

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
I have had some run ins with barn swallows here in Iowa,so far it's only been one or two at a time and they seem to lose interest after a minute or two. Hawks are what worry me,my Mavic pro seems to resemble lunch to them.
I get them in Montana also - will circle around the MA but so far never attacked it

Just twelve Months ago, I had an angry flock of pigeons - had to evacuate my MP1 from their midst by vertical descent to avoid further confrontations. No damage to any or either though! - quite exciting there for a minute or so!

Pigeons are a regular nuisance when I fly around the time they do their early morning or evening swarming. They don't like their rituals being so rudely interrupted. But in my experience, they don't actively seek the drone; they just happen to be there as I come in to land. These swifts on the other hand come looking for my Mavic Air. They also fly really high - I have encountered them as high as 50 - 70 meters; and they are fast - which makes trying to avoid them a lot more tricky.

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman