DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any ideas on this message?

twickers14

Reactions
Hi all. Happily flying my new MA2 and up popped this message on-screen of my iPhone 6S. Flight was fine (20mins), no glitches and snapped a few stills. Didn’t have Airplane mode switched on (which I stupidly forgot to do!!) but everything else was as before. The phone was hot and down to 14% when I returned home (it has a new battery) and pretty certain I started off with a virtually full battery. Never happened before. Would value input.8E4E1366-B38E-4803-A770-05235F6F9928.jpeg

It seems like an on going problem with the iPhones / tablets running the Fly app 1.4.8 as it's power hungry and affects the devices, especially the iOS devices.

There's been a lot of chatter here about the device screen dimming in moderate temperatures.

You're problem may be related.

DJI just recently released version 1.4.12 of the Fly app that provides live streaming and improvements that includes "cache crash". 🤔

Reactions: tlswift58
Hi all. Happily flying my new MA2 and up popped this message on-screen of my iPhone 6S. [Mobile device CPU fully loaded.]
I've seen the same message with the same iPhone version (I use a 6 as a dedicated RC)...along with a very rapid battery drain. Unfortunately, I have not seen (nor can find) the following update.
DJI just recently released version 1.4.12 of the Fly app that provides live streaming and improvements that includes "cache crash".
Was this Android only, or for the iPhone?

Reactions: twickers14
I've seen the same message with the same iPhone version (I use a 6 as a dedicated RC)...along with a very rapid battery drain. Unfortunately, I have not seen (nor can find) the following update.

I think it may have been the fact I didn’t turn on Airplane Mode but will wait to see if any other Members have come across the phenomenon.

Droids only at this point. :(

There may be an update soon for iOS? 🤔

My iPhone 7 did the same and would randomly reboot after a while. I bought a iPad Mini 5 and use that instead. No more CPU overloaded messages.

The phone you're using to run the app, yes. That message tells you its processor is maxed out and that may cause lag etc.

I run on Android and had the message one time earlier this year.
Since then I make sure I close all background apps first , before flying and have not had it since.

As Kilrah has indicated your iPhones processor is being maxed out. The message in the Fly app is just telling you that. The iPhone 6 is a fairly old phone by today’s standards. You can probably get better results if you make sure you close all apps that are open and running in the background - this is good practice anyway while flying. Also, I would turn off any auto updates for apps or iOS and any other unnecessary processes that run in the background.

Chris

I think it may have been the fact I didn’t turn on Airplane Mode but will wait to see if any other Members have come across the phenomenon.
Seems an issue with older iPhones. Folks with newer models seem to have less problems.

Airplane mode may help.

Also go thru and do a system cleanup and delete all unnecessary and old files. Even my Android tablet slows down if I don't regularly clean all files including the DJI ones that you should no longer need. That perks my tablet up till next couple of weeks of flying and caching of files. My tablet is wi-fi only, so no reason for airplane mode for me and the FlyApp is the only app running on the tablet.

I agree with the others that you need to turn off automatic updates as that was the cause of the problems with ios running the new Fly app. Made my iPad mini 4 obsolete, even with all other apps turned off (cpu maxed). Haven’t tried the new 1.4.12 as it adds even more features. Waiting for reviews this time.

The Iphone 6 is pretty old now. Don't think its well supported by Apple for updates any more. The processor is outdated. The battery is old as well. Everything is working overtime to run the apps.
My Iphone 8 was doing the same things. Upgraded to 12 Pro now so good for a few more years.
Its like a forced upgrade by Apple. I don't like it but I have too many things joined to Apple. Hard and expensive to change over.

Hi all. Happily flying my new MA2 and up popped this message on-screen of my iPhone 6S. Flight was fine (20mins), no glitches and snapped a few stills. Didn’t have Airplane mode switched on (which I stupidly forgot to do!!) but everything else was as before. The phone was hot and down to 14% when I returned home (it has a new battery) and pretty certain I started off with a virtually full battery. Never happened before. Would value input.View attachment 136220
I get that with my Mini and just ignore it. No problems so far.

As Kilrah has indicated your iPhones processor is being maxed out. The message in the Fly app is just telling you that. The iPhone 6 is a fairly old phone by today’s standards. You can probably get better results if you make sure you close all apps that are open and running in the background - this is good practice anyway while flying. Also, I would turn off any auto updates for apps or iOS and any other unnecessary processes that run in the background.

Chris
Thanks Chris. Have just done a decent flight but turned on Airplane mode and no probs. Accept the phone is old so will get rid of open apps too before I fly. Good to see you over here!

Thanks everyone. Some great thoughts and will put most into action. New iPhone will have to wait!

Reactions: JDerrick
Thanks Chris. Have just done a decent flight but turned on Airplane mode and no probs. Accept the phone is old so will get rid of open apps too before I fly. Good to see you over here!
Glad to see you over here too! I've been over here for awhile even though I don't have a Mavic style drone. I have been considering an Air 2S because I am heavily into photography but as I said over in SparkPilots the Mini SE appeals to me too because I would be able to fly it in more locations. So I am still researching and considering my options. As the saying goes "The best camera is the one you have with you!" Anyway, enjoy your MA2. From everything I have read about it, it seems like you have made a really good choice in your upgrade from your Spark.

Take care,

Chris

I fly using an iPad 4. I'm on iOS12 and haven't upgraded because I've heard that the newer iOS versions take more processor power to run. (Don't know if that's true, just don't want to risk it.)

I only have one app open when flying (the DJI one) and have set the iPad to not multitask (can't remember what the setting is called).

Reactions: JDerrick
I have an iPhone 7 that will do that very same thing except the screen will have long pauses in the frozen state, usually for a few seconds. Impossible to fly using the screen. I have found that closing all open pages and by holding the power button until the “swipe to close” icon appears but instead of swiping I just hold down the Home Screen button until the request for my passcode comes up. I type in the passcode and go flying. No problems since But must do before each flight. Same issues with iPad Mini 4 but this only last for a minute or so before the cpu error pops up. I also recently purchased an iPad Mini 5 on eBay and no issues whatsoever so far. I also go into the setting and turn on the charge phone while flying (or whatever the exact terminology is).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121