DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Issues Using Drone-Hacks.com On M2P?

Anyone here installed the Drone-Hacks.com software on their Mavic 2 Pro? If so, any issues installing or running it without DJI NFZ restrictions?
I did it on an A2S. I live next to a "false" geofence. Well, it's a DJI error, but it's there. Without DH I would get stuck at the edge. With DH I was allowed through the entire GeoFence. The drone simply says something like, "Not Authorized, Turn around ASAP." It's not an exact quote, but that's all the app does.

Reactions: Droniac and MRomine
Do either of you guys fly your birds with the Smart Controller and the Done-Hacks?

Also, I'm I understanding their website correctly? Once the DH is installed you can no longer do DJI firmware updates without having to reinstall the DH?

Reactions: Droniac
Do either of you guys fly your birds with the Smart Controller and the Done-Hacks?

Also, I'm I understanding their website correctly? Once the DH is installed you can no longer do DJI firmware updates without having to reinstall the DH?
That's what it says on the DH website. If you update your FW you will have to re-install the DH hack.

Reactions: MRomine and Droniac

No, you are advised not to do any FW updates as this could break the ability to apply the Hack, if you have a reason to update the FW ( but dont unless DH says its safe) then just remove the Hacks and update then reapply the Hacks

Reactions: PTBperegrine
I have been flying with the DJI FLY app on my smart controller without any issues. I have attempted several times this week to fly with the DJI GO 4 app that is installed on the smart controller. But when the controller is connected to my Magic Air 2, opening the Go 4 app locks up the controller. Literally requiring a reboot, to clear.

I downloaded the updated software for the GO 4 app on the controller and installed it. I thought it would work fine but when I directed the app to connect To the Mavic Air 2. It locked the controller up again.
Any ideas?
is it even worth trying to get the Go 4 app running? It does appear to give better information about the drone and camera settings on the fly screen.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi All. Reading all your posts on this subject I can't help but wonder why DJI force so much of this stuff on to us when most other manufactures do not tend to bother so why DJI with them being so many miles away.

But when the controller is connected to my Magic Air 2, opening the Go 4 app locks up the controller.

The Go 4 app is not compatible to fly the Mavic Air 2, only the GoFly app will.

The Go 4 app covers older aircraft that doesn't use the current OcuSync system.

I have been flying with the DJI FLY app on my smart controller without any issues. I have attempted several times this week to fly with the DJI GO 4 app that is installed on the smart controller. But when the controller is connected to my Magic Air 2, opening the Go 4 app locks up the controller. Literally requiring a reboot, to clear.

I downloaded the updated software for the GO 4 app on the controller and installed it. I thought it would work fine but when I directed the app to connect To the Mavic Air 2. It locked the controller up again.
Any ideas?
is it even worth trying to get the Go 4 app running? It does appear to give better information about the drone and camera settings on the fly screen.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Go4 is not compatible with the Magic Air 2.

Hi All. Reading all your posts on this subject I can't help but wonder why DJI force so much of this stuff on to us when most other manufactures do not tend to bother so why DJI with them being so many miles away.
It is strange. Maybe, because of their added security features, it put's them in a better position for importing into the USA? Maybe. I'm sure the FAA loves how DJI controls it's users to an extent. But, yeah, I don't understand why they have such restrictive features for their USA models. They wouldn't lose any market share to Autel, if they removed their restrictions. Perhaps that loss in market share isn't significant enough to concern DJI.

It is strange. Maybe, because of their added security features, it put's them in a better position for importing into the USA? Maybe. I'm sure the FAA loves how DJI controls it's users to an extent. But, yeah, I don't understand why they have such restrictive features for their USA models. They wouldn't lose any market share to Autel, if they removed their restrictions. Perhaps that loss in market share isn't significant enough to concern DJI.
I don’t know what the US market share is in DJIs sales, but there is also a market outside of the US-of-A ? and nobody in that market cares about the FAA. However, why DJI is the drone market leader I don’t know, but it might be that this will change soon since their competitors and some newcomers are improving their products significantly in short cycles.

I don’t know what the US market share is in DJIs sales, but there is also a market outside of the US-of-A ? and nobody in that market cares about the FAA. However, why DJI is the drone market leader I don’t know, but it might be that this will change soon since their competitors and some newcomers are improving their products significantly in short cycles.
I agree. I don't think it will take too long for other drone companies to realize the value of the drone market and want to compete by a more respectable margin. Thus, they will improve their products to the quality levels of DJI. Autel almost did it with the EVO2s. They exceeded DJI with their cameras and picture quality, but they didn't hit the mark when it came to flight characteristics, stability and agility of the drone itself. They came close though. They won with flight time, camera and picture quality and lack of GEO zone restrictions and an altitude increase for filming mountainous terrain.

What I am seeing is, what happened with the cell phone industry. Only one company was the best, then a few were second, but then more and more competitors came in to the game. Now we have Samsung and Iphone as the two top players. But others are very close like
  • HUAWEI. It's one of the wide-ranging smartphone brands in the world. ...
  • XIAOMI. ...
  • OPPO. ...
  • LENOVO. ...
  • LG. ...
  • NOKIA

Reactions: MarkusAtHome
Anyone here installed the Drone-Hacks.com software on their Mavic 2 Pro? If so, any issues installing or running it without DJI NFZ restrictions?
I use it already for a few weeks with a Smart controller and Mavic 2 Pro.
It works great. Range really got extended and I noticed this especially in an area with lots of interference (due to concrete and solar panels). I used to loose connection everytime flying in a certain spot and now it keeps flying in that same spot.

Also you can change the climbing and dropping speed. That's fun in sport-mode, it really makes a difference!

Reactions: DMavic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803