DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any luck insuring your drone in California?

Ddjmrql

Reactions
I went to State Farm today and SF will only insure a "fixed camera" and not the one that flies. What is the alternative for us bayarea drone pilots?

First thing to realize is Insurance companies are a businesses. They are in existence to MAKE MONEY. Think about how many people have to sign up for drone insurance to pay for one Mavic loss... Its a bad proposition.

That's is messed up that California will not allow you pilots to insure your possessions​

What's the deductible?

I think you are much better off taking the money you would spend on the insurance and put it into a repair/replace fund.

Homeowner will cover a stolen drone with $500 deductible. However, the personal article policy of State Farm is only $60 for a $1200 drone. Unfortunately, SF CA does not cover it.

someone posted on here earlier that you can call a State Farm agent in another state and insurance is good no matter what state you live in.

What's the deductible?

I think you are much better off taking the money you would spend on the insurance and put it into a repair/replace fund.
NO deductible. So you would rather put that $60 towards a repair/replace fund with more money coming out of your pocket as opposed to getting the check for a new one? What if your drone is stolen, what if it's pilot error? Now your out $1000 plus. You are taking a big gamble. Happy flying

First thing to realize is Insurance companies are a businesses. They are in existence to MAKE MONEY. Think about how many people have to sign up for drone insurance to pay for one Mavic loss... Its a bad proposition.
I'm sure the underwriter has enough data to determine if this is a policy they can offer.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlipPak