DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any M2P or M3 owners also with a Mini 2?

For drones without C-class rating, which can't even be gotten yet because of SNAFU with specifying certifying process, it's all according to weight and environment you're in.

As long as drone has camera you need to register as drone operator in one EASA country, but for sub 250 gram drones there's no need to do A1/A3 online test.

But 30 day time to pass the test is included in registration cost at least here in Finland.
(both registration and passed test valid for up to 5 years)
And with A1/A3 "license" you can fly up to 25kg drone in sparsely populated places/outside commercial, industrial and residential areas. (A3 operating category)

A2 license would allow flying up to 2kg drones in densely populatated areas up to 31 Dec 2022.
After which date A2 license is usefull only for (up to 4kg) C2 class drones, with all above 250 gram limit "legacy" drones belonging to A3.

Appreciate all that!

Good to know. Wasn't clear, since they aren't for sale on the Autel site either.
Autel is just following their tradition of paper releasing products, which aren't available/ready for sale except maybe in couple months. (in the best case)

Depending on where you intend to fly, better camera and flight performance having drones like Air 2/2s could work.
(official EASA limit for A3 is 150m distance to areas I mentioned in previous post)
Also until end of transitory period (31.12.2022) A1 rules are applied to any below 500 gram drone.
But DJI (or Autel) doesn't have anything in between 250 gram limit and that applies only to something like Parrot Anafi.

As for that additional A2 exam, it covers effects of weather and performance of unmanned aircraft system in detail and reducing ground risks.

And not sure about other EASA countries, but I myself live couple km inside ADIZ area and hence depending on where I fly need to file official flight plan at least hour before flight.
(form is just filled in specific way for ADIZ RPAS flights)

Reactions: Coskier
This will be for family, recreational flying, so I don't want/ need to go to the Air2S. I'd just bring the M3 and register appropriately.

This will be for family, recreational flying, so I don't want/ need to go to the Air2S. I'd just bring the M3 and register appropriately.
Mavic 3 needs passing A1/A3 exam, which is anyway sensible to do when already paying for operator registration.
Which is the only thing registered and you just attach operator ID to drones you use.
No matter if having one or ten drones.

Reactions: Coskier
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929