DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Mavic 2 Air propellor stealth options yet?

Tusk

Reactions
I know the new Mavic Air 2 is quieter than original. Anyone know if there are any third party blades for these yet that are even quieter?

MAS are going to bring some out in the summer according to the email i have just received from them

Reactions: Tusk
Man, from what I've seen on the videos, I doubt you can get much quieter than the stock blades. I think I'll just stick with the stock blades. Unless I see a color that might tickle my fancy. ??

Yeah mine came in but I havent had a chance to fly it yet. It may end up just fine but I am always looking for as much quiet as I can!

There will be no market for a quieter blade for the MA2. Any aftermarket company would be wasting money and resources trying to make one. The MA2 is quieter than the Mini. When you launch it and move it even 30 feet away it hardly makes any noise at all.

It’s one of the least remarked about qualities of this drone.

I'm not looking for Stealth props for my Mavic Air 2..but..even though it's very quiet hovering and flying around the back yard..in flight it's a different story. I crossed my house this morning at full speed in normal mode at an altitude of 370 ft. It was uh...realllllly loud. In sport mode it's a real howler. I usually fly at around a 100 ft. and I return at a reduced speed so I'm not too sure how my Mavic air 1 sounds in the same situation but I don't think it could be much if any louder.
The Air 2 flies super. It's as if you took the Mavic Air one and tweeked it to perfection. Super smooth in yaw along with all the other directions. The Gimbal is also smooth as glass.

MA2's flight time has almost been doubled over its predecessor. IF, new props could increase it, it would be negligible. I think just about anyone who owns one will be quite satisfied with the current flight times!

MA2's flight time has almost been doubled over its predecessor. IF, new props could increase it, it would be negligible. I think just about anyone who owns one will be quite satisfied with the current flight times!
The way it works is the stealth props are usually more areodynamically efficienf, they will increase lift for the same speed, so you use less power. It's nothing to do with extra battery capacity.

My guess is that there is an increase in pitch or chord or both and that they turn slower hense quieter. I didn't notice the additional time or speed on my Mavic Air but..my batteries have a lot of time on them.

The way it works is the stealth props are usually more areodynamically efficienf, they will increase lift for the same speed, so you use less power. It's nothing to do with extra battery capacity.
Well, from what I'm hearing, the MA2 is already pretty aerodynamically efficient. And like another poster said, there probably won't be a market for third party props for this bird. But, I imagine MAS will still probably put something out for the MA2 so knock yourself out and get them. BUT IMO, I believe it to be a waste of money.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag