DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Mini 3 Pro owners in CANADA specifically NOT experiencing range issues?

shadow3467

Reactions
I've noticed a trend that most of the people or almost all of the people who are experiencing signal or range issues seem to be from Canada (myself included)

Are there any who have the drone but are NOT experiencing signal issues??

Reactions: Flashheart
I'm still waiting for delivery of my Mini 3 Pro but will report back when I get it. If it has range issue I will send it right back to DJI as I'm not putting up with this issue. DJI stated performance statements are not to be believed especially the range issue. I have a Mavic 3 and a Air 2S so I won't be without a drone. The other issue is that the YouTube reviewers that get advanced use of the drones for doing there reviews are not being honest in reviewing the Mini 3 Pro, that don't even want to review the range issue because DKI would get pissed at them. They reviewers are no more than actors working for DJI.

I've been happy with the range of mine - I was able to get 3km, in a straight line with clear sight (nothing in between) - which was as far as I wanted to go, so I turned around there. The signal was low, but had not dropped out yet, so I could have gone a further.

With that said, I do see it's in CE mode. It starts in FCC, then switches to CE just before takeoff. It does not impact my performance, but I obviously would prefer the extra radio power that FCC gives. I tried the "fix" above but it did not work for me, but I might have messed up the process - will try again this weekend. It's more a curiosity than anything, though I hope they issue a firmware update.

I did my usual routine I used to do with my Mini 2 and I'm only able to get 1200 ft away from me, something the Mini 2 could have done with 0 signal drop. I stopped at that distance because the signal turned red and I was too chicken to try and go further until loss of connection. So far, i'm disappointed with the range.
Tried 2.4 Ghz only instead of Dual-Band and it barely got further.
I have 13 days left until I decide to return the bird.
I'm kinda regretting to have sold my Mini 2 so quick.

I did my usual routine I used to do with my Mini 2 and I'm only able to get 1200 ft away from me, something the Mini 2 could have done with 0 signal drop. I stopped at that distance because the signal turned red and I was too chicken to try and go further until loss of connection. So far, i'm disappointed with the range.
I suggest you read through this thread and check out the YouTube video of how to switch from CE mode to FCC mode. Then try again. Also, assuming that's your issue, make a support ticket with DJI to make sure they are aware of it. They know it's happening, according to a support chat I had, but said they have heard "intermittent" reports and are looking into how widespread it is - so the more people they know are having the issue, the better.

Reactions: Torque
Yeah the mini 2 crushes the 3 in terms of signal strength/penetration so far in my experience unless you do that FCC fix but who wants to pay a thousand bucks and do that every time with every battery change?

I suggest you read through this thread and check out the YouTube video of how to switch from CE mode to FCC mode. Then try again. Also, assuming that's your issue, make a support ticket with DJI to make sure they are aware of it. They know it's happening, according to a support chat I had, but said they have heard "intermittent" reports and are looking into how widespread it is - so the more people they know are having the issue, the better.
Chatted with them, they claim to have released the newest update to attempt to fix the known range problem. The tech actually acknowledged the issue and says the engineers are working on it.

Chatted with them, they claim to have released the newest update to attempt to fix the known range problem. The tech actually acknowledged the issue and says the engineers are working on it.
Yeah thats not what they told me. They told me they had fixed any remaining range issues with this update and that I should return the drone if I'm still having issues.

Yeah thats not what they told me. They told me they had fixed any remaining range issues with this update and that I should return the drone if I'm still having issues.
What they said to me this morning: "We did receive the same feedback recently even though not in a high amount of quantity. We have brought this up to our relevant engineers to check if they are isolated cases."

What they said to me this morning: "We did receive the same feedback recently even though not in a high amount of quantity. We have brought this up to our relevant engineers to check if they are isolated cases."
aka we believe there is no issue.

They see the flight logs of the complainers. They see multiple KMs flown around residential areas. They are not taking it seriously obvious

Reactions: Torque

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph