DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any new mavic owners getting or just got Care Refresh?

Bugsbunnyheli

Reactions
A lot of us just got or will be getting Mavic's who will be adding Care refresh to your new Mavic?

Did not buy it, fly save at open areas and not to far away. Test your drone at low grounds , Hover it, fly circules do this a couple of days make sure its alway stable, learn the controls. If your drone and yourself is okay u dont need DJI care

Last time I checked I had over 750 hours of flying between P2, P3P and Inspire and my first Mavic which I gave to my son. My new Mavic arrived yesterday and yes I did get the DJI care. Hopefully I'll never need to use it

Did not buy it, fly save at open areas and not to far away. Test your drone at low grounds , Hover it, fly circules do this a couple of days make sure its alway stable, learn the controls. If your drone and yourself is okay u dont need DJI care
I think if you plan on using any of the mavics autonomous modes then care refresh is a no brainer.

If you had full control of aircraft and confident in your flying you could probably make that statement however that's not case with mavic.

I’ve just bought my first drone, a Mavic pro, and I haven’t taken out refresh. Reason is I have read numerous horror stories regarding their customer service and decided on a separately insurance instead. Fly Icarus for me.

I think if you plan on using any of the mavics autonomous modes then care refresh is a no brainer.

If you had full control of aircraft and confident in your flying you could probably make that statement however that's not case with mavic.

Over my years of flying DJI products I've seen my fair share of software and hardware issues that has caused a loss of control and loss of aircraft. My original Inspire was a horror story.

I’ve just bought my first drone, a Mavic pro, and I haven’t taken out refresh. Reason is I have read numerous horror stories regarding their customer service and decided on a separately insurance instead. Fly Icarus for me.
How much was your policy if you don't mind me asking?

About £220 for the year. Insured the fly more combo for £1150. No extras as they should be covered on home insurance. Downside UK only, no night or overwater flying.

It covers fly away and damage. Seems a better bet than refresh.

I’m also going to join the BMFA on January 1st to get their 3rd party liability cover.

About £220 for the year. Insured the fly more combo for £1150. No extras as they should be covered on home insurance. Downside UK only, no night or overwater flying.

It covers fly away and damage. Seems a better bet than refresh.

I’m also going to join the BMFA on January 1st to get their 3rd party liability cover.
Flyaways still concern me, would be nice to have some peace of mind on that one.

I had added mavic to my home insurance but after enquiring turns out it was not covered in flight.

Was thinking of getting a P4P next year so might get some proper insurance for that.

I use FPV for liability. £20 for the year.

Flyaways still concern me, would be nice to have some peace of mind on that one.

I had added mavic to my home insurance but after enquiring turns out it was not covered in flight.

Was thinking of getting a P4P next year so might get some proper insurance for that.

I use FPV for liability. £20 for the year.

I think I’ve been through a similar thought process. My home insurance wouldn’t cover it so I went with Fly Icarus. I decided that the BMFA offered more cover for £34 so I went with them rather than FPV.

In the end it looks like this to me. DJI CARE REFRESH 99.00 + 79 + 129 =307.
Flyaway or crashed and lost in water NOT COVERED
That's one year with two replacements.
If you get State Farm that's 60.00 per year. It will replace if damaged or lost flyaway.
Actually less than a battery.
I have not flows my Mavic Pro yet but I purchased State Farm already.
I will actually think hard about getting Dji that's will have all bases covered for a year for 160.00

I purchased it with my Mavic Pro last year. It expires on Christmas day and I never once used it......I guess it was nice to have the peace of mind of having it but wish it was like extended warranty's for cars where if you don't use it, you can cash it out at the end of the term....

I purchased it with my Mavic Pro last year. It expires on Christmas day and I never once used it......I guess it was nice to have the peace of mind of having it but wish it was like extended warranty's for cars where if you don't use it, you can cash it out at the end of the term....
Yeah, I wish I could cash out my home, car, ,life and health insurance at end of term...

Go the insurance route if possible. If you are unable to retrieve you lost/crashed mavic, Care Refresh is useless.

Reactions: sir_ian
I was reading on a different site that a lot of DJI owners are insuring their aircraft with State Farm for about $50 a year with no deductible. Covers theft, loss and damage. Does not cover you for liability. I'm going to check with State Farm tomorrow to find out if this is true. I'll update after I get any info. Has and anyone else heard of this?

I went with the refresh with my MPP. I got tangled in a tree limb and it fell 115’. Tore up gimbal 3 motors and more. Sent it in and 6 days later it’s on it’s way back. No hassle, worth it to me. I wonder if you make a claim against homeowners will your rate increase?

I got the DJI care. I hope I don't need to use it.

I believe making a claim on my insurance would increase the rates
I checked with State Farm Insurance this morning and if you're in the state of California (which I am) they will not insure a drone, every other state will. The insurance agent said the reason California is excluded was because apparently the state of California has the highest number of drone owners and in the beginning they were covering drones. They had so many claims that State Farm was losing money. Additionally, the drone insurance is not on your homeowners insurance. It's a personal property policy. So if you did make a claim your homeowners insurance would not be subject to rate increase for a claim on your drone.
With that I went ahead and purchased the DJI Care Refresh today. That means I'm going to try my first Mavic Pro flight, fingers crossed.

Just had s look at there, came out at just under £240 for the basic package, all of their packages have quite a low TP liability cover.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078