DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

any one from the east midlands

Hi Steve
We're getting a few locals coming through.
Just got back from dovedale
Got some nice photos
Cheers Mel
Hi Mel, Lovely area, I look forward to seeing the photos when you post. I'm hoping to get out this weekend sometime, possibly Casington Water.

Hi Mel, Lovely area, I look forward to seeing the photos when you post. I'm hoping to get out this weekend sometime, possibly Casington Water.
Almost popped in there today.
It's a place I've never been.
Am up for going next Sunday if you're free

Just joined yesterday, Im based Near Market Harborough.
I have helicopters and a MA2.
Hi, welcome aboard. I'm finding the best places are out near the Hope Valley, in the early morning before it gets busy. I bet the helicopters are fun. Which do you prefer drone or helicopter? Cheers Steve

Hi, I'm in Nottingham, Just purchased a Mavic Mini so very new to the hobby.

Struggling a bit with all the rules around where you are allowed to fly. I get the drone code and understand this but it that bit about needing permission from the landowner. Feeling a bit like I have just purchased a white elephant.

Cheers
Ray

Struggling a bit with all the rules around where you are allowed to fly. I get the drone code and understand this but it that bit about needing permission from the landowner. Feeling a bit like I have just purchased a white elephant.

Cheers
Ray

Hi Ray,

In most places around Notts and Derbyshire you shouldn’t worry to much about land owner permission. Most farmers I’ve spoken with who’s property borders or encloses public footpaths/bridleways don’t mind as long as you don’t disturb their animals. A couple have been quite keen to learn more as they see a potential for keeping an eye on their farm and cattle that may be in trouble.

National Parks and National Trust are an issue. They have banned take-off and landing on their property but they cannot stop you from flying over their property but you need to be aware of the value of the buildings they preserve and disturbance to visitors.

The mini is so small and quiet you have plenty of countryside to explore without issue.

Happy and safe flying.

Reactions: irpnetgb

Cheers
Ray
Hi, I'm in North Derby, not far from Ilkeston. I tend to go up the Peak District but it can get a bit windy at times.
Cheers Steve

Leicester Drone Club meets in the grounds of "The Gate Hangs Well" pub on the Fosse Way, Syston, North of Leicester, every Sunday 3pm -5pm. £2/session. Access to toilets, drinks etc. Nice site over farmland, nearby river and lake belonging to the Syston Sailing Club. Contact Chris 0116 2677454.

Been there once. Enjoyed it and a fantastic bunch of people. Non-drone flyers are also welcome.
When everything gets back to normal I'd recommend a visit by anyone local-ish or from further afield if you choose to journey.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Hi All

I’ve been absent from flying for a bit. Just updated my MA2 firmware etc.

What’s peoples thoughts on the CAA changes?

would love to meet fellow enthusiasts in and around my area,

cheers mel
Hi Mel, I'm in Horsley Woodhouse, not far from Morley Hayes. Not had much opportunity to do much flying recently but when lockdown is lifted and it's safe it'd be nice to get out if you're interested. I often go up the Peak District. Cheers Steve

Breedon is in fact outside the 5km geofence around the airport.
Just
Thus no restrictions or permissions needed.
Have checked this with airport as has others I've met flying there
It's a very popular place
Been there quite a few times and all but twice have had company with fellow pilots
The police put in an appearance every now and then and they have no problem with drones being flown as long as you stick to the rules
Hi all, new to the world of mavics. Trying to get my head around rules and regs etc. Noticed the comments on the thread regarding Breedon on the Hill and airport saying it was all good to fly there. I live on the other side in Hathern. Do think flying wouldn't be an issue there also? Same situation as Breedon, in fact slightly further out.Screenshot_20210205-230735.png

Hi guys new to Drones but used to fly Helicopters many years ago Am now PROUD owner of mavic mini 2 and i have had 5 small flights with my friend in Nottingham Glad to be here and hope to get helpful info when i really need it Gate Hangs well is between Syston and Goscote on the right as u come up from syston? are u still Flyng there or closed due to COVID look forward to chatting with some ppl that can point me to other places they find of interest to fly

Regarding the situation of flying at "The Gate Hangs Well" in Syston, Leicester, give Christian Smith at the phone number I gave on post #8. He'll be able to inform you whether the site has re-opened after lockdown.
Hi guys new to Drones but used to fly Helicopters many years ago Am now PROUD owner of mavic mini 2 and i have had 5 small flights with my friend in Nottingham Glad to be here and hope to get helpful info when i really need it Gate Hangs well is between Syston and Goscote on the right as u come up from syston? are u still Flyng there or closed due to COVID look forward to chatting with some ppl that can point me to other places they find of interest to fly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty