DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any pilots in Kenosha, WI?

gc916

Reactions
I'm expecting my first drone, a new DJI Mavic Mini 2, to arrive in the next day or two. Are there any pilots in the Kenosha area that would be willing to share local flying knowledge and help this novice with advice (and warnings)?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. Greetings from San Diego.

I’m not in Kenosha, but I hope you enjoy your new view of the world!

Reactions: Chetk7677
I'm about 45 minutes south of Kenosha and would also be interested in interesting places to film in Kenosha and Racine.

What exactly would you like to learn about other than local hotspots for filming?

Reactions: Chetk7677
I'm about 45 minutes south of Kenosha and would also be interested in interesting places to film in Kenosha and Racine.

What exactly would you like to learn about other than local hotspots for filming?
I'd appreciate advice on interesting areas to fly and film, as well as any local regs or restrictions (in addition to the Class D airspace and Kenosha County parks) that I need to be aware of. I'm assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that it's permissible to fly in Kenosha city parks such as Southport, Simmons and Pennoyer.

Thanks.

Without knowing the area from a flying perspective, my best guess would be stuff near Lake Geneva or near Kettle Morraine. Wisconsin has a lot better topography than northern Illinois. And while now is not the best time of year for filming, there are some nice views along the lakeshore of Chicago's North Shore. You can always travel down to Chicago or up to Milwaukee. I've not been up to Milwaukee since I got my drones. There has to be some interesting places to fly there. You're in the center of it all.

I'm expecting my first drone, a new DJI Mavic Mini 2, to arrive in the next day or two. Are there any pilots in the Kenosha area that would be willing to share local flying knowledge and help this novice with advice (and warnings)?

Thanks.
Although in no expert, in in Union Grove. The Bong had an rc runway, open space and lots to see, seasonally.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000