DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any problems after the newest update?

Rchawks

Reactions
After the most recent update I had my rc freeze in flight with the view finder showing a black and white image instead of color as it performed a rth without control from me. How can you undo a update?

@Rchawks Gonna see if I can downgrade as well! I never had ANY issues before updating and now every now and then getting the black and white screen as if the aircraft is off and the RC is on. Gonna scree record my next flight to see if I can catch the problem.

Reactions: Rchawks
After the most recent update I had my rc freeze in flight with the view finder showing a black and white image instead of color as it performed a rth without control from me. How can you undo a update?
No, update went fine and no lock ups so far.

@Rchawks Gonna see if I can downgrade as well! I never had ANY issues before updating and now every now and then getting the black and white screen as if the aircraft is off and the RC is on. Gonna scree record my next flight to see if I can catch the problem.

You can downgrade using the DJI Assistant 2 software on Mac/PC.

But what I would do instead, is re-apply the same update again. Sometimes the updates can screw up and a re-apply via the software fixes this. I've had it happen to both the Mini 3 and my Mavic 2 Pro. The same firmware via the software fixed the issue.

Since the RC runs android, I'll assume it's the same process as on my Smart Controller. This also works on RC Pro, or so I've read.

Go into settings-> apps, find the DJI Fly app. Tap the three vertical dots in the top corner and there should be an option to "uninstall updates". Do that and DJI Fly will revert to the original version that was on the RC out of the box.

Then you can go here (DJI Fly APKs - APKMirror) to find the version of DJI Fly you want to install. Download it and install it on your RC.

If you download the older APK and try to install it before downgrading DJI Fly, there will be an error installing.

If you want to revert the Aircraft's firmware, that you would have to do through DJI Assistant 2 assuming you can.

Since the RC runs android, I'll assume it's the same process as on my Smart Controller. This also works on RC Pro, or so I've read.

Go into settings-> apps, find the DJI Fly app. Tap the three vertical dots in the top corner and there should be an option to "uninstall updates". Do that and DJI Fly will revert to the original version that was on the RC out of the box.

Then you can go here (DJI Fly APKs - APKMirror) to find the version of DJI Fly you want to install. Download it and install it on your RC.

If you download the older APK and try to install it before downgrading DJI Fly, there will be an error installing.

If you want to revert the Aircraft's firmware, that you would have to do through DJI Assistant 2 assuming you can.
@maggior Really appreciate the info!!

I do have DJI Assistant 2.

You cannot downgrade updates anymore. Additionally, beware of DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer) at the moment. Your Mini 3 may end up grounded! Google it.
I tried, no luck.
I also tried to check for update and it said it was up to date.
Firmware update 01.00.0300
RC Firmware 01.01.0450

So now what, how can I trust it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98