DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any RC Pro owners that can answer questions?

Coskier

Reactions
Wondering if any of the new RC Pro owners can answer some questions. Namely, are you able to load apps into the controller? The original SC did not really support this, but in the release info, DJI is indicating you can download stuff onto the new one. Has anyone tried/ succeeded with this yet?

You can, as long as the App supports Android 10, I have loaded on APK Pure and SkyDemon, I did have Pilot and Go 4 loaded on, but they are not supported by the firmware (as yet) but they load and run.

Reactions: Cosmo0g and Coskier
Wondering if any of the new RC Pro owners can answer some questions. Namely, are you able to load apps into the controller? The original SC did not really support this, but in the release info, DJI is indicating you can download stuff onto the new one. Has anyone tried/ succeeded with this yet?
yes you can I have loaded face book and instagram to be able to share images and video straight out of the controller.
I do intend to install dji go 4 from an APK and see if it will run

You can, as long as the App supports Android 10, I have loaded on APK Pure and SkyDemon, I did have Pilot and Go 4 loaded on, but they are not supported by the firmware (as yet) but they load and run.
It seems a little weird the Google Playstore isn't supported on the controller.

I've heard you can install the amazon app store instead (as mentioned above), and get basically everything that way. I haven't tried this yet though.

Reactions: scoble08
So I installed Dji go 4 on the RC PRO last night and it does load and opens but it’s in the wrong orientation (portrait as opposed to landscape and doesn’t seem to change. my Mavic 2 pro is in having a gimbal repair so couldn’t try pairing it to see if it changes on connection

I'd be interested in hearing if Go 4 works with your M2P when you get it back. I remember having the screen orientation often previously when first loading but once connected to the MP1 it oriented in landscape OK.

I just installed Instagram via an APK file. But that seems like a situation where I could easily download an infected APK and get a virus in the controller, no?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki