DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Sailers out there? Here’s to the Ol’ Salts amongst us..

It looks like a party boat, meaning open to the public. I am wondering how you arranged to bring it back aboard? I am guessing it never was stationary, at least until back at the dock. If you do it again, try to get some shots with the sun behind you, and maybe circling the ship. Enjoyed it.

Reactions: Mario McFly
That brought back a lot of fond memories. I used to sail that area as a kid based in Hull MA. Had a Turnabout (National 10) then an International 110, Hobie 18 and finally a Pearson 10M. Thank you for sharing that.

Reactions: RMS001
It looks like a party boat, meaning open to the public. I am wondering how you arranged to bring it back aboard? I am guessing it never was stationary, at least until back at the dock. If you do it again, try to get some shots with the sun behind you, and maybe circling the ship. Enjoyed it.
I filmed from ashore. I had just put up when it went by, and being familiar with this boat, I knew it would put sails up as it neared the sound and thought it would be a good video. I have since shared it with the owner, and she loved it.

Reactions: DanaMc
That brought back a lot of fond memories. I used to sail that area as a kid based in Hull MA. Had a Turnabout (National 10) then an International 110, Hobie 18 and finally a Pearson 10M. Thank you for sharing that.
I am happy you enjoyed it and experienced old memories. This is where I grew up, and it's a special area for sure. This boat is the last of the charter schooners that operate out of Mystic, and this year, they are making it work regardless of the fact that they have to run at 50% capacity due to covid.

Reactions: RMS001 and DanaMc
We did a five-day excursion on the Lewis R. French out of Camden Maine last year. I can't wait to go again. Next time I'll bring my drone, but this time I had fun playing instead with an Insta360 cam.

Until then, I'm sailing my own schooner in miniature.