DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any way to automatically prevent f/11 aperture without locking the aperture?

Mavić_Legenda

Reactions
As per title, is there any way to limit the automatic aperture range from f/2.8 to say f/8, and prevent the diffraction softness that occurs at f/11? I’d prefer not to have to lock the aperture value to prevent f/11, I’m sure modern digital cameras can do this like they do with selectable ISO ranges. Thanks

I always shoot with ND filters on, usually ND8 or ND16. That will reduce exposure by 3-4 stops and keep you from reaching f/11. By the way, care to show an example for my education's sake?

As per title, is there any way to limit the automatic aperture range from f/2.8 to say f/8, and prevent the diffraction softness that occurs at f/11? I’d prefer not to have to lock the aperture value to prevent f/11, I’m sure modern digital cameras can do this.
Unless you use Aperture priority mode, where you select one aperture, there is no other way to do what you want.
I don't think it's possible with regular digital cameras either (at least none that I've ever used).

Reactions: parkgt
Why are you sure? Never seen or heard of such.
Perhaps there's a camera out there that has that "feature", but I haven't run into it on any cameras I've used so far.
If it's a real issue for you, don't leave the camera in a mode that changes the aperture automatically.

Sorry I thought that pro cameras can limit aperture ranges like they can with auto ISO range but it’s not the case. No worries, it’s not like f/11 on M2P is unusable

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northwolf88