DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any way to charge Mavic 2 Pro batteries using the 12V USB PD, QC 3.0, or QC 2.0 specs?

Reactions
I had a Parrot Anafi and one of the best things about it is that everything charges via USB-C.

I simply plug it into my little 12V USB cigarette lighter adapter or my USB ports on a laptop or power bank and I'm charging pretty quickly. I don't have to travel and backpack around with power bricks and proprietary connectors and find wall outlets and adapter to those wall outlets when I'm international.

Considering that Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 and 3.0 and USB Power Delivery all support providing 12V via USB, is there a way to charge the Mavic batteries with USB and a boost converter to bring it to the charging voltage of 13.05V?

QC 3.0 goes up to 20V so 13V wouldn't be a problem right out of the box.

Last edited:
I had a Parrot Anafi and one of the best things about it is that everything charges via USB-C.

I simply plug it into my little 12V USB cigarette lighter adapter or my USB ports on a laptop or power bank and I'm charging pretty quickly. I don't have to travel and backpack around with power bricks and proprietary connectors and find wall outlets and adapter to those wall outlets when I'm international.

Considering that Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 and 3.0 and USB Power Delivery all support providing 12V via USB, is there a way to charge the Mavic batteries with USB?

12 V is insufficient to charge the Mavic batteries.

The thing about QC, the device being charged has to negotiate with the charger on what voltage to apply. I believe that's based on the resistance applied to the data lines.
I have a charger supposedly certified QC 3.0, no mention of 12v.
5v@3A, 9v@2A, 12v@2A.
M2 batteries require over 17v, 17.4v I believe. 20v would be too much.
AC charger puts out about 3A, which takes 90min.
Car charger puts out 4.5A, draws 6A, takes about 60min. That's just not going to work over USB even if QC 3.0 was used.

The thing about QC, the device being charged has to negotiate with the charger on what voltage to apply. I believe that's based on the resistance applied to the data lines.
I have a charger supposedly certified QC 3.0, no mention of 12v.
5v@3A, 9v@2A, 12v@2A.
M2 batteries require over 17v, 17.4v I believe. 20v would be too much.
AC charger puts out about 3A, which takes 90min.
Car charger puts out 4.5A, draws 6A, takes about 60min. That's just not going to work over USB even if QC 3.0 was used.

QC3 will push around 3 A at 20 V, so while it would be slower than the DJI chargers (6 A at 17 V), it should be useable.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143