DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Charger 120/12v, LED Display, Storage Mode

Again, 12v is not proper storage voltage.

Granted, lipos reach max voltage at 80%, where after the charge circuit maintains the voltage and gradually current drops for the remaining 20% until current is below a certain threshold. So at 12v, it could be at 80%, but that's still not recommended storage voltage.

The probable reason why DJI hubs don't charge simultaneously is because of the needed watts to do it. In the case of QC charging, QC negotiating can only be done with one device at a time.

Reactions: MaverickMavicMark
OP here, I decided to purchase and glad to report it works as advertised for both 120v or 12v input supply voltages. One question I brought up was the "Storage" mode charge to voltage as 12v, which seemed too high. This is incorrect as the user manual states the cutoff voltage is 11.5-11.9v. After performing a "Storage" mode charge to all three batteries I then checked the batteries in the Fly app. Below are the results. All of the batteries were charged up to the mid 50% level.

1605703331044.png

I ran across a unique battery charger for the MA2 on Amazon that has features the others do not. It's brand new , no reviews yet, but they do make one for the M2 pro/zoom and it has 4.5 out of 5 star rating from 149 reviewers. Some of the features the "Hanatora Battery Wall Charger & Car Charger for DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone" include
** Dual power supply - 110-240v power brick or 12v cigarette lighter plug
** LED display showing voltage and amperage for selected battery
** Storage mode - will charge OR discharge the battery to 12V for long term storage
** Cooling fans
** Charges up to 4 batteries concurrently, each battery has a cradle to sit in, no dangling cords
View attachment 114745
Amazon link to charger:Amazon.com: Hanatora Battery Wall Charger & Car Charger for DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone and USB-C Remote Controller Cable,5 in 1 Rapid Multi Parallel Charging Hub with Charge and Storage: Toys & Games
Add storage level option to controller, please.

I picked up this charger and it seems good so far. One annoyance is that the the AC power adapter fan runs permanently if it is plugged into the wall. I suppose that is better than overheating.
So the AC Adapter also has a fan? I plan on picking up one of these chargers and replacing the fan in the charger module, and, now it sounds like the one in the AC adapter as well.

The nominal voltage on the Mavic Air 2 battery label is stated to be 11.55v. It seems to me 12v for storage is too high. Any opinions on this?
Don't know, don't care.

Don't use this feature. I don't (and I love the charger otherwise). The Intelligent Battery does a much better job self-discharging to the optimum voltage the engineers design for it.

To make matters worse, there are two different battery versions, each with a slightly different voltage profile.

I just received mine today. I plan on swapping out the fan as soon as I get back from my Denver trip. I wanted the car charger function so I could fly during the drive to/from Denver.

I just received mine today. I plan on swapping out the fan as soon as I get back from my Denver trip. I wanted the car charger function so I could fly during the drive to/from Denver.

What are you planning on replacing the fan with?

I was in Denver last week - I haven't had a chance to pop the case to reverse engineer that fan - I'll post as soon as I get a chance to do so. :)

Also, is the current AC supply fan cooled? I haven't heard a fan on the AC supply. Another assembly to open :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan