DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any way to stop remote from charging android phone?

Man, for android you can disable charging with rooted phone, go to sys/powersuply/battery/batteryslate set 1 to 0
Or u can use apk android name disable usb charging,, that apk automatic change value on system, and this for rooted android phone only

Hmm... I have a Note 8 and didn't have to root mine. After I hook everything up, then I change the USB setting in Developer Options. You must enable the Developer Options on the phone first and turn on USB Debugging. Google that to find out how to enable Developer Options.

My Huawei P10 phone (Android) has a facility I've found as follows:
Settings / System / Developer Options / Debugging section ... enable - "Always prompt when connecting to USB" [I have no other options enabled in this 'Debugging' section].
With that enabled, I get a pop-up window every time I attach my phone to the controller. The window gives me three "Use USB for" options;
- Transfer photos
- Transfer files
- Charge only

If I select 'Transfer files' - then the phone doesn't seem to charge the controller anymore.
I've not rooted my phone, so this is standard Android menu stuff (Android version 8.0.0) ...

I have an S8 and my controller would be drained to near nothing while my S8 stayed 100% after one Mavic battery flight. After searching for solutions and fixes or how to root my phone to disable USB charging I stumbled upon a way to disable my USB charging on my unrooted S8 phone. This may not work for all android phones but it worked for me. All I had to do was punch up my phone pad and dial ##DATA# (##3282#). This opened a list of hidden settings to be viewed and/or edited. To edit these setting you will have to enter a six digit MLS PIN number. Mine was '000000' (default for some android phones from what I've read) otherwise you can obtain your MLS PIN number for your phone by contacting your carrier (which could be hit or miss depending on how nice they are). Once the MLS PIN number is entered you can go to the USB Charging setting in the list and disable it. My phone no longer charges from the controller and I was able to get all three of my Mavic battery flights in with 40% -45% battery left on controller and phone when done. You will need to re-enable the USB Charge setting before you charge your phone even if you charge wirelessly like I do. But it's so easy to do IF you have your MLS six digit PIN. Hope this helps some people.

I'm using a moto g4 play running nugat and don't want to drain the remote by having it charge my phone. Anybody know how to make the remote stop charging the phone? Or have the phone itself not accept the charge?
You could try plugging in an external battery pack to the remote. That's how I fly when I use my ipad. Never noticed if the ipad was taking a charge from the remote though.

I found a way to stop the android from charging. First you have to put the phone gently on the floor. Make sure your phone is oriented to the north. Now, with a hammer, SMASH THE PHONE and go and get an iPhone...

I'm honestly confused about everyones concern about the phone charging from the controller. I can plug my half charged S10e into the controller and burn through all three of my batteries and my controller will still be half charged... and my phone will be up to 80% plus. I fail to see this as a problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife