DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any way to stop remote from charging android phone?

PropSpin

Reactions
I'm using a moto g4 play running nugat and don't want to drain the remote by having it charge my phone. Anybody know how to make the remote stop charging the phone? Or have the phone itself not accept the charge?

Have a look in the settings on the Go4 app, I know there’s a setting for iOS but not to sure about android.

Also what are you flying?

Maybe shut it off in the phone? Here is something I copied from another thread....

"Need to go into your settings and turn on USB debugging and change your USB port from charging to media transfer protocol MTP. You have to go into your developer options which is available by pressing the build number of your phone 7 times in a row and then like I said go in there turn USB debugging on change charging to MTP and you'll be flying in a matter of minutes."

Maybe shut it off in the phone? Here is something I copied from another thread....

"Need to go into your settings and turn on USB debugging and change your USB port from charging to media transfer protocol MTP. You have to go into your developer options which is available by pressing the build number of your phone 7 times in a row and then like I said go in there turn USB debugging on change charging to MTP and you'll be flying in a matter of minutes."

Blimey, to complicated for me this early in the morning:) Thumbswayup think I need a couple more coffees 1st;)

Reactions: Inspirephil
No, not on android. You can as stated go into debugging mode and turn off charging, but you will have to turn it back on to charge. If you turn off fast charging it will greatly increase the remote time.

You can control this feature with Apple iOS, but unless you root an Android phone, you can't get the Android phone to stop acting as a charging brick for the DJI RC controller. This also still seem to happen, even if you use the USB 2.0 on the underside of the controller ...
There have been mentions of isolating the individual wires in the USB connection lead and cutting the wire that carries the power (leaving the data connect intact), but I'd only try that if I was desperate, and had a few old USB leads to try it with.
It is possible to fly with a charging brick plugged into the side port of the controller, and your mobile phone/tablet plugged into the lower USB 2.0 if you really want to extend the battery life of the controller.

You can control this feature with Apple iOS, but unless you root an Android phone, you can't get the Android phone to stop acting as a charging brick for the DJI RC controller. This also still seem to happen, even if you use the USB 2.0 on the underside of the controller ...
There have been mentions of isolating the individual wires in the USB connection lead and cutting the wire that carries the power (leaving the data connect intact), but I'd only try that if I was desperate, and had a few old USB leads to try it with.
It is possible to fly with a charging brick plugged into the side port of the controller, and your mobile phone/tablet plugged into the lower USB 2.0 if you really want to extend the battery life of the controller.

Looks like I'll need to root my phone. Or buy an extra cable and cut the power leads. Nothing else suggested works.

I didn't see anything in the app.

Mavic 2 Pro

I know it’s in the go4 app for IOS but wasn’t sure about the android app, not used it. Thought it was worth a look hence why I posted a comment, post #2.

Hope you get it sorted. ;)

Or, Just make sure the phone is fully charged before you use it to fly with.

Reactions: clovis09
Or, Just make sure the phone is fully charged before you use it to fly with.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing now.

I will find some way to get around the problem. Seems pretty short sighted that DJI didn't design a feature into the remote to disable charging ANY connected devices. It might be nice every once in a while to charge the device from the remote, but generally I don't want any such thing. :(

Yeah, that's what I'm doing now.

I will find some way to get around the problem. Seems pretty short sighted that DJI didn't design a feature into the remote to disable charging ANY connected devices. It might be nice every once in a while to charge the device from the remote, but generally I don't want any such thing. :(
Unfortunately - DJI Do design this feature into their controller (it's a switch in the Go 4 app') - BUT - it will only work with Apple iOS phones! Agreed however, there must be some protocol difference between accepting charge current INTO the RC controller, as opposed to OUT OF the controller.

Unfortunately - DJI Do design this feature into their controller (it's a switch in the Go 4 app') - BUT - it will only work with Apple iOS phones! Agreed however, there must be some protocol difference between accepting charge current INTO the RC controller, as opposed to OUT OF the controller.

I'm thinking it's a physical connection thing. It looks like micro usb has contacts only on one side, so at the Tx charge/host port, on the internal "finger" there are contacts on one side for the micro usb, and on the other side, contacts for the host connection to the viewing device. Either way, stupid android! :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13