DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

???RECOMMENDATION for a wifi remote controlled drone for security???

mm2by2

Reactions
hello
i am trying to find a drone system to perform interior surveillance inside my house. so, if i am away, using my cell, can turn on the drone, fly it around the house to check its status (damage, water leaks, trespasser) then return the drone to a charging dock station and then turn off the drone until next time. all the drones i have researched require pressing a button on the drone itself to turn on and off .

RECOMMENDATIONS?

requirements
1) able to remotely turn on/off and pilot via an android app through wifi
2) a charging station/dock the drone can land on, preferably automatically with a smart return function (think robo vacuum)

I would recommend the Eufy S340 home Security camera,
Face detection
Pet detection
Tracking with 360 Degrees an suggest this over a drone for inside
home security , has a speaker as well as alarm.

Its cheaper $199 an uses solar as well as USBC charging .

CleanShot 2023-12-11 at 13.41.28@2x.jpg

I did notice the the Ring Camera Drone is by Invitation only meaning your home has to be a specific kind .

CleanShot 2023-12-11 at 13.47.15@2x.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.. Land on the Water and chase the robbers away.

Last edited:
Face detection
Pet detection

View attachment 170943

I did notice the the Ring Camera Drone is by Invitation only meaning your home has to be a specific kind .

View attachment 170945

Phantomrain.org
You can request an invitation. You need to provide feedback as part of the service.
This product is available by invitation only, exclusively through Day 1 Editions. To request an invitation, please click “Request an invitation” on the product information page. During this limited-release period, we are looking for customers who can help shape the experience and provide feedback on available features. Invitations will be issued on a rolling basis. If selected, you will receive an email notification when your invitation is available. Thank you for your interest.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Face detection
Pet detection

View attachment 170943

View attachment 170945

Phantomrain.org
I've been a Eufy customer since they first came out on Kickstarter. My main concern is that you can't view your Eufy cameras when you're not on your home network. The app will not connect. I get the alerts saying something triggered the camera but can't actually view the event. Many many people have complained to Eufy but there is no fix that I know of at this time. Eufy basically does nothing about it. I can log in using a laptop or using a mobile browser in desktop mode but it's very time consuming to log in and actually get it to see what's going on. By the time I log in, whatever was happening that I wanted to see is over.

I've been a Eufy customer since they first came out on Kickstarter. My main concern is that you can't view your Eufy cameras when you're not on your home network. The app will not connect. I get the alerts saying something triggered the camera but can't actually view the event. Many many people have complained to Eufy but there is no fix that I know of at this time. Eufy basically does nothing about it. I can log in using a laptop or using a mobile browser in desktop mode but it's very time consuming to log in and actually get it to see what's going on. By the time I log in, whatever was happening that I wanted to see is over.
That was good to know, I was just getting to pull the trigger on one of those, Thank you

I guess I will stick with Wyze as everything just works , they dont have anything this advanced .

I have the garge opener , a few out door cams and a Garage Flood light with them , highly recommend the flood Light Pro. it cas a nice ambient light at all times.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the water.

Face detection
Pet detection

View attachment 170943

View attachment 170945

Phantomrain.org
Great Recommendation. Have two, work great!

That was good to know, I was just getting to pull the trigger on one of those, Thank you

I guess I will stick with Wyze as everything just works , they dont have anything this advanced .

I have the garge opener , a few out door cams and a Garage Flood light with them , highly recommend the flood Light Pro. it cas a nice ambient light at all times.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the water.
Not true. Have the these, and I view them on my phone and my iPad when away from home. Have full control.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
You can view Eufy cameras on your mobile remotely? Would love to see how this is done. Do tell.
Download the eufy security app.
You can view Eufy cameras on your mobile remotely? Would love to see how this is done. Do tell.
Download the eufy Security app.
Here is a screenshot of it on my phone. Also have it on my iPad in the car. There is also a desktop version. The desktop version requires a confirmation code from your phone app to sign in for up to 24 hours.
I use the S340 mounted on a shed approx 100+ feet from the house over the garden.
If you need help there are several Youtube video that give reviews, set, and use of the S340 and its wired companion.

Attachments

• Screenshot eufy Security.jpg
    Screenshot eufy Security.jpg
    656.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Download the eufy security app.

Download the eufy Security app.
Here is a screenshot of it on my phone. Also have it on my iPad in the car. There is also a desktop version. The desktop version requires a confirmation code from your phone app to sign in for up to 24 hours.
I use the S340 mounted on a shed approx 100+ feet from the house over the garden.
If you need help there are several Youtube video that give reviews, set, and use of the S340 and its wired companion.

Hm I have the app, and just get this whenever I try to connect to any of my Eufy cameras and I'm not on my home network: 1000064689.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas