DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

anybody flying an MA2 with a Fire HD 8 tablet?

wali

Reactions
Looks like the Apple Ipad mini is the goto tablet, but from what I've read the Amazon HD 8 could be a solid low budget contender. Anybody using one with the MA2?

Reactions: CFWB
you can probably sideload it - its what everyone does and most apps work ok sideloaded ... tho I get DJI may not be 'most apps'

Reactions: wali
Reactions: wali and bp328i
The GO 4 app is totally different from the DJI Fly app., with different device requirements.

I believe the OP is referring here to the MA2 > DJI Fly app.
he is but the same process works regardless of the app - the question is does the app actually work on it if you can get it loaded via that route..

it's not a terrible tablet but goodness knows why they didnt just go for Android rather than the FUBAR'd O/S they did put on it ... but like Apple sticking to lightning when the entire world is going USB-c or the US being the only country in the world to have a date format of mm/dd/yy when everyone else is dd/mm/yy - :)

• Haha
Last edited:
Looks like the Apple Ipad mini is the goto tablet, but from what I've read the Amazon HD 8 could be a solid low budget contender. Anybody using one with the MA2?

I just changed from the iPhone 11Pro to the Ipad Mini....and love it. It's soooo much better!

I couldn't my 8" Fire Hd to download and open the program on mine so I bought a Tab A which downloaded the program and connected immediately and works great. Maybe there is a way to make it work but it was beyond my ability to figure it out.

I couldn't my 8" Fire Hd to download and open the program on mine so I bought a Tab A which downloaded the program and connected immediately and works great. Maybe there is a way to make it work but it was beyond my ability to figure it out.
What model 8" Fire HD did you try to load it on, I am wondering if its worth while asking a retail store if they could try installing it I am in UK & will try my local Curry`s PC World when this covid19 plague subdues. Anyone else able to do same ? I was thinking the Amazon 8" HD Plus released May 2020 may give a better option as its memory is 3GB and I believe it is using a 64 bit processor.( MediaTek 8168 processor )

Is there a reason you are sold on the Fire Hd?

Why? Just looking for a low budget tablet just for the ma2. I found a new one for $60 and its listed as compatible on cultofdrone.
Looks like the ONN and the Asus Z8 might be worth considering as well.
Worst case scenario I've got a new kindle!

Why? Just looking for a low budget tablet just for the ma2. I found a new one for $60 and its listed as compatible on cultofdrone.
Looks like the ONN and the Asus Z8 might be worth considering as well.
Worst case scenario I've got a new kindle!
Are you serious, neither one of these could even get out of bed in the morning.

• Haha
Reactions: kidroc

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura