DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

anybody flying an MA2 with a Fire HD 8 tablet?

What everyone needs to stop and realize is that you have a very expensive piece of equipment up in the air. Stop trying to get the cheapest device that you can find and get something that is proven to work. Just read this forum and you will find several.

Reactions: bp328i
I can understand your reasons for wanting a low budget tablet (cost) but why risk your high tech (and not low budget) drone with a low budget tablet that might be marginal for the task. I would go with one of the recommendations from flyers already using them. That's what I did when I asked this question a month ago when another flyer (thank you very much) recommended the 8" Samsung Tab A. (on sale last weekend for $130.00 on Amazon) Never regretted it. Why reinvent the wheel?

Like putting kerosine in your McLaren F1!!! And wondering why it don't work so good:p

What model 8" Fire HD did you try to load it on, I am wondering if its worth while asking a retail store if they could try installing it I am in UK & will try my local Curry`s PC World when this covid19 plague subdues. Anyone else able to do same ? I was thinking the Amazon 8" HD Plus released May 2020 may give a better option as its memory is 3GB and I believe it is using a 64 bit processor.( MediaTek 8168 processor )

There's probably no retail store that will help you load it -- you'll need to sideload the Play store and do it that way, and in general, retail stores don't go around side loading things, but I don't know anything about Curry's or UK stores.

The processor is 64 bit, but unless Amazon changed anything, the OS is some weird mostly 32 bit hybrid. Some people have had luck loading 64 bit libraries when rooted, but by default, don't think it will take a 64 bit app.

There have been 5 generations of the HD 8, so some are better than others, obviously, for those knocking it. It is a budget tablet though, even if it punches slightly above its weight.

I would go with one of the recommendations from flyers already using them.

OP is literally doing exactly that. Here asking about recommendations and people’s thoughts/experiences with a couple of tablets. Nothing wrong with trying to save a dollar. ?‍♂️

Reactions: wali

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111