DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

anybody gone up in the snow?

sir_ian

Reactions
light but heavy snow in nyc and im thinking about doing it...
no real wind. but big flakes !!

i have a maybe 2 hour window !

any advice would be amazing. thanks

Hey I’m in NYC too and just drove over to Hoboken, NJ. The drone hovered fairly well, especially considering how much snow is coming down with this storm. It’ll move a couple inches to the side but that’s it. But, I flew when the winds were calm and not super bad.

Yea just don’t get it wet wet. I fly all the time in light snow and just make sure it stays as dry as reasonably possible... while others will say absolutly not I purchased mine to fly not sit in the case!

Reactions: sir_ian
I'd be leery about flying in snow. Snow melts and turns to water... and water is bad for all of those exposed motors.

I flew in the snow with Mavic and my footage made it to the 6.00 o'clock news broadcast.
The wind was pushing over 40mph and was real scary, i was in sport mode and at full stick back it was slightly drifting and only coming back to me at 1-2 mph, it was defo at its wind limit...still the TV crew was desperate for some footage as the helicopter and other small aircraft were grounded, I'm sure in the gusts it was pushing 50-60mph... on the safe side nearly every where for a mile were trees so at the worst i would of been going climbing.
You can see in the first video the snow was coming sideways.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt