DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

anybody has both the mavic air 2 and the mavic mini?

I own both drones. The MA2 for mountain biking will be a better option if you want to use the tracking mode that is even better than the one in the M2P. Also the obstacle avoidance works better than the M2P even when the M2P has side sensors. Do not ask me how but works better. The size is not much difference as the mini.

In confined places the mini is good for the size but the obstacle avoidance from the MA2 make it a winner. If you use the prop guard on the Mini you do not have be worry about it.

In top of that the MA2 has an awesome camera that record 4K 60 FPS that for biking will be very nice.

I hear in tracking modes yo do not get 4k, it drops down to lower resolutions. Frame rates are limited also.

I'm new to drones so take it for what it's worth. Bought a Mini a couple of weeks ago and had a ball. Loved the fact that I didn't need to be licensed or have to register it where I live. Thought I lost it last weekend and bought an Air 2 last weekend just because. The only two things that really stand out for me that make the Air 2 better (for my use) are way better range (like, way, way better) and wind resistance. I don't think I flew the Mini even once without a high wind warning and nada with the Air 2.

I love both and will be keeping both but I can already tell the Mini won't see much use now.

I'm new to drones so take it for what it's worth. Bought a Mini a couple of weeks ago and had a ball. Loved the fact that I didn't need to be licensed or have to register it where I live. Thought I lost it last weekend and bought an Air 2 last weekend just because. The only two things that really stand out for me that make the Air 2 better (for my use) are way better range (like, way, way better) and wind resistance. I don't think I flew the Mini even once without a high wind warning and nada with the Air 2.

I love both and will be keeping both but I can already tell the Mini won't see much use now.

I've seen similar responses when it comes to owning more than one drone. As mentioned i own a few of them. To me it doesn't make sense when others say theyll be using one more than the other, unless for specific jobs/projects. Granted they all fly and record similarly they each have a job of what they're best at. For example the MM is great for indoors though theoretically you can use the bulkier M2 or MA2. It just depends on your objective/motive for flying.

I've seen similar responses when it comes to owning more than one drone. As mentioned i own a few of them. To me it doesn't make sense when others say theyll be using one more than the other, unless for specific jobs/projects. Granted they all fly and record similarly they each have a job of what they're best at. For example the MM is great for indoors though theoretically you can use the bulkier M2 or MA2. It just depends on your objective/motive for flying.

Understood but there's only so much time in the day and it's clear to me even after a short time the Mini won't be getting much use. Just trying to give honest info to the OP.

I have a Spark and a new Mavic Air 2. No comparison on flight time and ease of flying. The MA2 is much better in wind. I was videoing a sailboat race and the wind was blowing about 12-14 knots. I had it stationary on the starting line for about 15 minutes. It fight the air to stay place. The 3 axis motorized gimbal held the video rock steady. Like it was sitting on a tripod

IMO stay with the MA2.

Reactions: MA2 317 and pawnie
I purchased the Mini in Jan’20 and hope to take my new Air 2 out tomorrow. I have a great time with the Mini and don’t plan to sell it at this time. I might become a bit more daring with it now - in a good way. Looking forward to tomorrow’s flight!

Reactions: pawnie
I hear in tracking modes yo do not get 4k, it drops down to lower resolutions. Frame rates are limited also.
track in 4k with 30fps no problem on the MA2

was just wondering if anyone has both the MA2 and the MM? already have the MA2 and very happy with it however, the idea of being able to take the MM everywhere (especially on mtn bike rides) I'm contemplating using some of my saved up Best Buy rewards $$$ in getting the MM. Cheers!
I ended up selling my mini - for $50 less than I paid for it - because I just didn't fly it anymore. It just sat there. I wanted someone to take it out and enjoy it the way I had.

I think it was the upgrade in photos/video that sealed the deal. Which is why I'm awaiting the Mavic 3 announcements. I crave the larger sensor. If DJI drops the ball it's looking like Autel 6k.

I wouldn't waste the money on the Mini, the MA2 is a much more capable drone and safer in strong winds
I bought the mini because I had extra cash to burn. I flew it a lot at first. Then I bought the MA2 because, well just because. I rarely fly the mini now, if I do it's only because I feel guilty for buying it now. I fly it because it there amongst the rest of the fleet. But, If I knew about the MA2 I wouldn't of bought the mini..I'm thinking of selling it.

My mini is neglected, but all of my drones are. Only so much time to fly. I enjoy the different flight characteristics of all my quads, so I say go for it. The mini’s a hoot.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada